Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

85 donruss odds

what are the odds of opening an 85 donruss wax box (36 packs) and pulling the following:

pete rose
rickey henderson
steve carlton - probably grade an 8
george brett
tom seaver
steve garvey
ryne sandberg diamond king (2)

all other cards were in decent shape except for the above mentioned being skewed....i would say not one card would grade a 10.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

Comments

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    You wouldn't really get PSA 9 or 10 from 1985 Donruss in wax packs. These cards are so sentive, that they come damaged or chipped right out of the pack. Those of the factory sets get PSA 9 or 10.

I don't know much about the odds regarding the players you listed.....
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    yeah, i was really more curious of the odds of only pulling the stars that i did pull. i would think there would've been more from a complete wax box. i expected the condition.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    i picked up a perfectly centered mattingly 9 and schmidt 8 for a total of 8 bucks last year

loth
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    DG is right. I remember breaking an 85 Donruss box last year, and most of the cards were of poor quality. I got one Clemens card, but it wasn't gradeable. I also recall someone (joe tuttle, maybe?) buying up a lot of Donruss factory sets on Ebay, and then getting a motherlode of 10's from them.
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    If those are the only stars you got, you were shortchanged. You should have gotten a lot more than that.
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    that is it...notta another one to mention. i was very surprised.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)