Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A forum question about how long is long enough.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just some questions relating to an inability to get a response from another member here who seems to login everyday. I won't make any public disclosure of identity. I was PM'd on Feb. 10th that delivery would be made within the next few days and have since received no PM, e-mail or package. I sought advice and PM'd the member on March 22nd and e-mailed on March 23rd with no response although he was logged in both days. We've had a number of PM's before and have interacted in threads with apparent ease. I just wonder how long is long enough and what should I do next??

-----How much patience is reasonable when dealing with other forum members??
-----How long is a reasonable time period to start worrying after a member has PM'd that they'll be sending something and they don't perform or make any contact??
-----How can I be certain whether or not another member can/can't receive/send PM's??
-----If an e-mail is sent and no failed delivery is received, what else should I do??

Al H.image

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Maybe's he's like Jason and is such a clueless newb that he can't figure out how to respond to PMs on his computer. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always say unless there is some kind of emergency on their part.... there is NO excuse for non-communication. Board member or not business is business. I always let someone know when I send payment and when I receive on my end. I also let the person know when I even receive their payment.

A courtesy that is often not extended back to me. And I'm talking about board members, board dealers, and very highly looked upon individuals. Of course I'm not highly looked upon so maybe I don't rate the courtesy and professionalism I give to others.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey Russ

that's the twist, he's a very well known and as far as i can tell respectable member. helpful here and regular as the sun. but suddenly he seems to have gone cold. i'm at a loss as to how to evoke a response from him without asking for help. i resist calling him at home or his place of business, that just doesn't seem right.

al h.image
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    IMHO, you should tell us who he is; and he should explain his actions (or lack thereof) to the other members on this forum. There is no substitute for integrity.image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this "subtle" thread should evoke a response.
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    I think he means me.image Sorry Keets, although I am on here almost every day I do not check my PM's or emails in the most timely of manners. (Sometimes days or even weeks.) I'll go to the PM's now.
  • Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    PCGS should, if it's possible, enlarge the PM alert icon. It is not something that reaches out and grabs you in its present state. I know I've missed it many times.
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paid a board member last Monday the 15th via Paypal. He tells me he'll ship on Tuesday or Wednesday (the 16th or 17th.) I PM today on 24th asking to let me know if and when it was shipped so I could have an idea when to expect it. Member replies it went out THIS Monday the 22nd.

No problem but I could have been notified it wasn't going out for a week after payment received. Not the kind of deal I would expect from a forum member. Needless to say we will not be doing business again.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    Keets, you are in good hands with Conder101.....he's one of the good guys, even though he is not a PNG member.
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>he's one of the good guys, even though he is not a PNG member. >>

Now THAT'S an endorsement! And from a previously banned member as well! image
    (I promise that the endorsment was NOT paid for. image )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file