Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Weirdest item autographed?

Another, recent, posting made me wonder - what is the weirdest object that you own (or have ever seen) autographed?
Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

Comments

• Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Here's how my HOF autograph collection got started. My mom works at a hotel in St. Pete Beach, and they get some celebrities there from time to time. She says Randy Macho Man Savage has stayed there several times, and he was my favorite wrestler, so I hope to encounter him one day. But anyway, she said they had an old ballplayer stay there once and he signed his plastic electronic room key card (such a long name for such a simple thing) and she sent it to me. She couldn't remember his name when she was talking to me, so I had to wait for it to arrive. When it did, I knew I could've guessed it would be...Bob Feller. Is there anything that guy won't sign? He must have a compulsion.

When I was a kid I painted a baseball, one flap red and the other flap yellow, just out of boredom. Later, I went to an Astros/ Phillies game and took it to try to get an autograph. When someone, I think Del Unser, saw it, he thought it was cool and started passing it around, and everyone who got it signed it. So I ended up with about a dozen names on it, including Nolan Ryan. Unfortunately, the paint started peeling and the sigs got lost, so eventually I just started using it to play ball.

I've also got Spike Lee's autograph on a 40 Acres and a Mule baseball cap that I wore several times so it's all sweatstained.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    I was at Camden Yards the year it opened. There is a "Boog's Pit Beef BBQ" stand between center field and the warehouse building.
    Boog Powell was there signing autographs for everyone on the concession line. I had my game program signed, but the guy in front of me had Boog sign the top of his shaved head.
    When I asked Boog if that was the weirdest thing he ever signed, he said "Hell, no!! I've signed tits, asses and just about everything else!"
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options