Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Etopps Attempts to Improve LMAO

I just got an email from etopps, they are really begging for customers. They thing that there are
a gold mine of customers out there that haven't been reached. After screwing anyone who would
open their wallets for etopps and offering NO improvments, they are reaching out to us. Among the
most stupid ideas are these:

-All etopps cards will be printed at the end of the year, meaning that if you buy them in April
they will be ready for delivery in September!!! Is this not the stupidest thing you have ever
heard? How many "in hand" collectors are they going to lose with this? I hope they make this
clear when someone is buying these...waiting until after the season to get your cards is
one of the most laim things topps could do.

They are also starting up some stupid fantasy baseball game, that was about as confusing as
trig. Some people will get free cards, they laughable thing is that they are targeting people
who buy packs!!!!! These guys screwed modern collector over for 3+ years yet have the balls
to concentrate their small and fleeting ad campaign on them?? Are these guys idiots?

They are clearly failing big time and it makes me sick that a company that turned its back year
after year on its customers is now on their knees trying to get them back. Im going to email
Wally right now

Kevin

Comments

• Options
    JoeStalin; Reading many of your posts, here and on the Beckett Message boards,
    I believe some of your complaints about eTopps are legit.

They are making some improvements in the eTopps program (at a snails pace).
    I've always liked the idea of buying and selling cards from an online portfolio,
    but the program still has too many short commings for me to invest any serious
    money.

That might be an under statement. It's nearing 4 years and still no SP jerseys,
    #d RCs, or Autos. I'm not trying to knock Topps, but if I didn't know who put this program
    together, I would assume it was a new company that came up with a great
    concept but had absolutely no experience or knowledge of the sports card market.

I might be missing something. Maybe there is a problem with liscensing or restrictions
    imposed by the leagues as far as what Topps can sell online.

CampU2 Online Price Guides
  • Options
    Still disgruntled huh Kevin? Missed out on the 70% gain in the 03 Basketball set and the 30% gain in value of the 03 football set? Sorry you missed out...

Etopps is listening to its customers - not you - its customers - those of us active on the etopps forums and actively buying, selling and trading their cards. We asked for a fantasy sports component and they are delivering.

A chief complaint was that it cost 30 cents to list a low value card - $2 on ebay. Even though it cost this much to sell an in hand piece of pack trash too etopps has responded with a trading post that enables to swap cards with other users free of charge - from one portfolio to another.

As to your chief complaint about waiting till September for cards to be available - so what - 98% of cards remain in port anyway. Since you don't follow etopps baseball worth a hoot you obviously don't realize eTopps gives every player a shot at earning rewards points for those who hold the card - so everyone holds them at least until the season ends to see if they win points.

There is one good thing about your constant whinning and bickering about etopps - the publicity - since your reputation preceeds you most realize its a good thing.
    eTopps - Super Premium - No Need to Grade - Awesome Cards
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    yeah etopps is hungry for customer opinions because they aren't making money on this anymore! I even
    got a response from Art Shorin himself. Why only care what the customer thinks when you are afraid
    you are going to lose them or have lost them already? Didn't my opinion count back in 2001 when
    everyone was buying etopps??

There is NO ONE left in the cardboard end of the hobby that hasn't heard and tried/left etopps. They
    should concentrate their efforts on people more inclined to try etopps....idiots and rich people. Collectors
    have seen this and know it a joke.

NetJr....the fact is 2003 didn't make anyone money! You try to fast talk us saying that things are up, but
    the fact is that cards you bought for 9.50 are now worth 3.50...ohh up from 2.50 yeah,but what good is
    that? You still have lost out.

These are improvments that should of been made in 2001, they have already lost their edge. This
    was new and exciting,but now it is boring and old. They should shut it down and stick you with a
    500 dollar shipping bill! LOL

JS
  • Options
    Joe Kevin - what should I call you?

"NetJr....the fact is 2003 didn't make anyone money! You try to fast talk us saying that things are up, but
    the fact is that cards you bought for 9.50 are now worth 3.50...ohh up from 2.50 yeah,but what good is
    that? You still have lost out."

This just is not true:

2003 Etopps Basketball Set Up 80% +

2003 Etopps Football up 39.5% at the time of this Post

2003 Etopps Hockey Set up 16.6% and it finished just 2 weeks back

The only 2003 set that did not hold its value was Baseball. Joe Kevin the statement you made is false. The most recent releases of etopps cards have gone up in value because the consumers didn't over order them.

You may like to decry the 02 sets all you want, but they are still among the most attractive collectible cards in the market place...and at todays ebay prices they are a great set to build.
    eTopps - Super Premium - No Need to Grade - Awesome Cards