Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Do graders touch the cards with their bare hands?

I've always wondered to what extent they actually touch the cards. Do they wear protective gloves? If they use their bare hands, doesn't the act of touching a card tend to leave skin oil on the cards, thus potentially harming them?

If I remember my particle physics correctly, it's the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal: The act of measuring something has a finite effect on the measurement, making you never 100% certain of the actual measurement.

So the act of grading a card actually leaves the card in WORSE shape than it was originally. While this is no doubt heavily minor, for those nitpickers and purists out there, it's something to think about!

Comments

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Considering I touch all my cards to place them in card saver I's, I don't care that they touch them to get them out of the holders. As long as they handle them w/ caution, I have no problem...jay
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I do not think there is a TP qualifier for thumb print.

And as long as they used enough TP earlier, I do not mind if the cards are touched.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    DavinoDavino Posts: 333

<< <i>I do not think there is a TP qualifier for thumb print.

And as long as they used enough TP earlier, I do not mind if the cards are touched. >>

Very witty post!image