1 21461599 1949 50C USA AU58 OOPS
2 21461600 1957 50C USA MS66 Thought FBL
3 21461601 1957 25C USA MS66 OK
4 21461602 1955 25C USA MS66 OK
5 21461603 1955-D 25C USA MS65 OK
6 21461604 1957-D 5C USA MS66 Looked Full Steps

Date Received: 01/13/2004
Date Shipped: No Date Specified

About 64 days taking off 4 days each for LB and Baltimore. The 1957 coins all came from a mint set and have very nice colors.
Gary

Comments

• FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Dear Mart....er Gary image

Good grades! Don't tell Marty, the difference between an AU58 and an MS64 in Franklins is but a whisper. I bet if you send it in again you'd get an MS grade, but I'd just keep it and move on. Do you have any pics of your mint set coins?

Regards,

Frank image
  • Frank,

Thanks for the kind words. I just knew someone would give me the Marty treatment on the AU58. The coin is BU, but does not have much luster. I will put some pics up when they come back. All of the 57's are nicely toned from an original mint set.

Thanks
    Gary
  • Pretty well done there fellow...image
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    allright ok...... allright.... the HepKitty will publicly come clean.....

I had sent in a submission mid of last year and it was a strong submission with the exception of a AU58 49D Frankie....

I thought to myself and yelled what in the hell are those graders smoking?????? This can't be!!!!!! Do they think I'm dumb????

Then I waiting for the coins to arrive back at my home...... the 49d was the first thing I checked over many GEMs that were a part of this submission.....

I then thought, what in the hell was I smoking???? I am dumb!!!!!

I sent in the biggest eye sore loser I could have found.......

Sometimes Cats, don't be hitting the pitcher of Frozen Strawberry Margaritas when preparing a submission....

Confessions of the HepKitty... a true stroy..... image
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Sometimes Cats, don't be hitting the pitcher of Frozen Strawberry Margaritas when preparing a submission........Words of wisdom! Thats why I only hit the pitcher of regular Margaritas.....image
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1 21461599 1949 50C USA AU58 OOPS >>

Man, I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Nice grades...
    JoeCool
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey now, you guys are a riot!!! Marty, i have a few AU58's myself, but you have distinguished yourself so mightliy in that area that it's gonna be hard to live it down. kudo's to Frank for that well intended and even better aimed shot!!! lets see now, AU58's, the Marty Hoard, stuck in Canada, need i say more???? Marty, i'm rooting for a long and fruitful period of employment. make us fortget, make us forget...............

hey Gary

Jeffersons from that era are tough with the weird exception of 1958-D which seems easy by comparison in higher Full Step grades. i have a few 1957's that are FS but lower grade, maybe MS61-63, that i pulled from a roll.

al h.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file