Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

around the PCGS world in 80 days??

80 day turnaround time for economy service?? That means maybe, just maybe
I will get my Baltimore show coins back just in time for the early JULY show there! This is what happens when people fall in love with condition rarity for all the post-1965 stuff being submitted. It just fries my butt
that turnaround times are slowing because tons of state quarters, Kennedys, and the like are pouring in so that that "holy grail" 70 can be found. Agh!!! ......now if just one of my 25 '53-S comes back FBL...

Comments

• I'm very sorry that my choice in collecting has interfered so badly with you. Please know that I will suspend further submissions of my coins so that the "more" important coins of yours will not be held up in grading...
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>now if just one of my 25 '53-S comes back FBL... >>

flykite,

Clearly your coins are more important since they're so much older than those you're ranting about.

Click here for the solution to your problem.

Russ, NCNE
  • Actually I know how he feels, 80 day turnaround time for economy service?? That’s Crazy! That means maybe, just maybe I will get my Timbuctoo show coins back just in time for the early JULY show there! This is what happens when people fall in love with condition rarity for all the post-1930’s stuff being submitted. It just fries my butt that turnaround times are slowing because tons of Franklins, Mercs and Jeffs and the like are pouring in so that that "holy grail" FBL or FB can be found. Agh!!! ......Now if just one of my Morgans comes back DMPL
  • eyeeye Posts: 81
    It is my understanding that different graders are used for the different services. Most modern coins are sent in under the $12 "modern" service and not the more expensive economy service. How is this affecting the turn around time of your pre 1965 coin submissions under the economy service?
    D.M.
  • My moderns are less important than your pre moderns??? Why dont we all ask HRH on the Q & A forum to assign a grader JUST for Flykites pre-moderns??? Or, perhaps, and this would be poetic justice, PCGS thinks more of moderns and less of YOUR coins?? Or, perhaps, economy submissions should now take precedent over regular submissions???

Flykite, not trying to stir up a hornets nest here, but do you really think any ONE series, whether it be modern or early, is making other series take a back seat? I truly understand that waiting that long does indeed bite, but dont take it out on modern collectors. Remember, in the future, that modern MS70 will give the person that made it, or owns it, a nice profit. Whether we want to believe it or not, the moderns we have now will not always be 'new'.

MFS
    'My name is...... Shakezula, the mic rulah, the old schoola, you wanna trip, I'll bring it to ya.....'
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Actually I know how he feels, 80 day turnaround time for economy service?? That’s Crazy! >>

Yeah, that's pretty bad. Bummer that PCGS is the only grading service in business today. Sure would be nice if there were others with a quicker turnaround time.

Russ, NCNE
  • Great responses everyone....but you misses my SARCASM!! I was just venting my frustration concerning turnaround times, which is why I added the "53-S" rant at the end. I only picked on the Moderns, referring to the recent article on the 8 millionth coin graded. They allude to the fact that Modern submissions are up dramatically.

I WISH I HAD 25 53-S even close to being FBL!

My point was that they need to add more graders, not give me freebie submissions if turnaround times are slowing. Ed