Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cello and Rack Pack Sequencing

I have just started buying cello and rack packs from 1982 Topps football and 1979-1983 baseball. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a thread or an FAQ that explains the sequencing of any of these years. I have bought a couple, and have pretty much ended up with junk, with the exception of an 83 Fleer Boggs and and 82 Topps Bradshaw. Any help would be appreciated.

Also does anyone know who the honest sellers on ebay of wax and cello pack are. I have dealt with Markssportscards and golfnut500 and both of them have delivered as promised. I know to stay away from overtimesports.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i've had success with bbckid, bbcexchange and civilwarbobpat.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    one thing i will say without mentioning any names is that you need to also consider packs that were bought from overtime and boyer and then sold again with or without knowing the packs were crap.
  • Options
    i would not recommend Markssportscards
    Looking for in PSA graded
    1. 75-76 Topps Keith/Jamaal Wilkes in Psa 8+
    2. 1971-72 Trio stickers PSA 8+
    3. BSKB 1977-78 topps psa 10

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    2001 and 2005 Greats of the Game
    UD=retro,epic,legends,legendary,generations and chronology
    2006 Topps Style 1952 Fan Favorites Autos #/10 (Refractor Autos)
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options
    The only sequencing I know is for the 79 Topps Earl Campbell, although it only works about 75% of the time in sequence. I've only bought on ebay this way, never resold any rack packs, so my hands are clean.
    Jason
    Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com
  • Options
    Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.

-------------------------
    Currently looking for 1973-1985 Football, 1980-1987 Baseball
    Always looking for Raw or Graded Ron Santo Cards
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>i would not recommend Markssportscards >>

I wouldn't either. I have bought loose packs (70's football) from them, and wasn't happy with the results or quality of the packs.
  • Options
    Yeah I bought from him and pulled a gem mint 10 1983 Donruss ripken and a nice 1983 Fleer Boggs, but it took him forever to ship. I paid him immediatly after the auction ended and he didn't ship the stuff for 3 weeks. It sucks, finding honest people is not that easy.

-------------------------
    Currently looking for 1973-1985 Football, 1980-1987 Baseball
    Always looking for Raw or Graded Ron Santo Cards
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah I bought from him and pulled a gem mint 10 1983 Donruss ripken and a nice 1983 Fleer Boggs, but it took him forever to ship. I paid him immediatly after the auction ended and he didn't ship the stuff for 3 weeks. It sucks, finding honest people is not that easy.

>>

you got lucky!!! i got open packs, still have some for proof, he did give me a refund to go away, so i guess i got lucky as well
    Looking for in PSA graded
    1. 75-76 Topps Keith/Jamaal Wilkes in Psa 8+
    2. 1971-72 Trio stickers PSA 8+
    3. BSKB 1977-78 topps psa 10

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    2001 and 2005 Greats of the Game
    UD=retro,epic,legends,legendary,generations and chronology
    2006 Topps Style 1952 Fan Favorites Autos #/10 (Refractor Autos)
    Press Pass Legends
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    he is one that I was referring to that bought a lot from overtime a year ago but as far as his integrity , I have no idea if he is knowingly selling junk or has no clue
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Now it makes sense...that's where all of his loose 70's - early 80's football packs came from. Buyer beware.