Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anybody ever bought an auction from these guys?

Comments

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭
    GOLDEN RULE:
    If the auction reads like and info-mercial screamed at you by a used car salesman. RUN!
    Not slow...Fast

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wufdude
    If I had a million dollar lot.....why would I let someone steal it for peanuts?
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    He does say, admittedly, in the auction that the "Million Dollar" part is only to catch your eyeimage

I have just seen a lot of auctions from this group and was wondering if anyone on the boards had bought one. Aknot's recent purchase and subsequent thread got me itching to pull the trigger on something to see if I could turn a profit...
  • Options
    1. Look for exit sign

2. Determine the path of least resistance

3. Run like the wind
    everywhere you go
    there you are

marc in Hawaii
  • Options
    This lot has Aknot written all over it! Someone let him know. Or maybe he just isn't showing his hand this early?

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    sounds like a kenny goldin type thingy and that other guy shop at home had u screamed this is nutz while selling gem 10 crapola
    Good for you.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I agree, these lot type deals are usually fools gold, but there are some nice cards in there. At a thousand bucks or maybe two, I'd be a player. Any more, and it's doubtful it is worth it.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I agree, these lot type deals are usually fools gold, but there are some nice cards in there. >>

Soxfan - I think you hit the nail on the head - ya know - this could be the real deal OR if you are going to sell a "Fools gold mine" you have to seed it with a few gold nuggets - what do ya think?
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options

• Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    From the auction:

"I JUST SOLD THE LAST LOT LIKE THIS FOR $15,000 AND THE ONE BEFORE THAT FOR $22,000. "

Hmmm, I know it's just a few data points, but what does this say about how these types of lots hold (or don't hold) their value?
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Well, it closed for $3,099.00. At that price, who knows? I didn't read every line, or look at every scan in the auction ad, but this may not have been so bad. From $22K, to $15K, to $3K...that does say something, however...