Home U.S. Coin Forum

Price quote needed: 1939-S BU Lincoln Roll

Saw one today at a local shop. First 5 or so coins were BU with few, if any, spots. I've got it on "hold" - they want $135. Is this reasonable? Ballpark? Thanks for any input. I need to let them know by tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon.

Mike
Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!

Comments

• LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    hmmmmm........

Wheres Wayne Herndon, hes good at pricing rolls...

if the few coins you see will grade ms66 with PCGs, then it sems worth it to me...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Lucy - Thanks for suggesting Wayne - great idea! The first five I examined in the roll were high 64 mid 65ish but pretty bright and mostly spot free. Whether there are some lock 66's or a 67 or two, who knows? This is definitely a Gem BU roll - no doubt about that!

Mike

P.S. How's the Excel spreadsheet working for you?
    Coppernicus

• merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    Mike
    It could be if you are trying to cherrypick some nice ones for slabbing.Then sell dupes on Ebay.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Thanks merz2 - Exactly what I had in mind. I was really impressed with the roll. All his others were '57-P,D, '58-P,D and a bunch of '55-S (yawn). The '39-S roll was unusual and really nice (at least the first five or so.) It's almost a no lose deal since I'm only paying $2.70 per coin and I know I can get at least that on ebay if I had to sell all of them one at a time.

Of course, I'm hoping for a few 66's and maybe a 67 or two. Worth getting slabbed, especially any 67!

Mike
    Coppernicus

I say take a chance and buy it!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
    I don't think I've ever said it, I don't remember... but..

I love the CopperCats!

Lincoln cents are so cool, I used to get all big eyed when I would find wheaties in circulation...

More Copper Coin collectors for me!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • ttt since we're awake now!
    Coppernicus

• $135 is a little on the high side for an open roll, but if the first couple look nice it could be worth the venture. If it was OBW I'd jump on it.

perfectstrike
  • GS ask is $110, so it is not far off.
    Gary
  • This what I saw one selling for:

1939, S, Lincoln Cent, MS-67, NGC, RD.
    This Lincoln Cent in MS-67 RED is beautiful and exhibit a strong strike and no carbon spots on the obverse or reverse.

Price: $95.00
    Lightside

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file