Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

People who complain about S&H Fee's "READ"

Before You Complain About S&H, Please Read This. It May Enlighten You.

1. If you bid on an item that does not list the S&H charges in dollars and cents, you leave your pocketbook wide open and you are a moron. Always ask before you bid what the exact charges are.

2. If you bid on an item that says “buyer pays actual S&H charges”, you again leave your pocketbook wide open, and you are a moron. Always ask before you bid what the exact charges are.

3. If you bid on an item that say “buyer pays actual shipping” you leave your pocket book wide open and you are a moron. Always ask before you bid what the exact charges are.

4. If you are bidding on an item that says “shipping to be calculated after auction closes”, you leave your pocketbook wide open and you are a moron. Always ask before you bid what the exact charges are.

5. If you bid on an item and the exact S&H charges are listed in the item description, you have protected your pocketbook, and you are NOT a moron.

6. If you complain about “high” S&H charges (see 1 through 4 above), then you are a moron for not asking first.

7. If you complain about “high” S&H charges that are listed in the item description, then you are a moron because you do not know where the back button is.

8. If you bid on an auction that has the S&H listed in the description, then you are agreeing to pay the S&H. If you complain after you get the item because you feel the seller gouged you, you are a moron. You made a contract with the seller with up front costs. Regardless of what the actual shipping cost was, you had agreed to pay them. By complaining you are proving that you are indeed a moron.

9. If you refuse to bid on a widget for $5.00 with a S&H cost of $8.00 (which you figure is too high), then turn around and bid on the exact same widget for $10.00 with a S&H cost of $4.00, then you are a moron for obvious reasons.

10. If you do not know that the total price of an item is (a) the total of the bid plus (b) the S&H, then you are a moron. What it all boils down to is the bottom line, your final total cost. If you cannot understand this, then you are a moron.

11. If you think that S&H should be free, or only actual postage should be charged, then I cannot say that you are a moron, but I can say that you have limited financial and business skills. You probably have never been in a management position, ran your own business, or every sold many items on eBay. For those who wish to sell without S&H or with actual postage, that is their business decision. However, there is a big difference between selling on eBay for fun, and selling on eBay as a business.

12. If you think that a dollar or two for proper packaging is too much, then let the seller know, and maybe they will just put a stamp on it, write your address on it in magic marker, and drop it in the mail. If you want it to get there in perfect condition, maybe a buck or two is a wise investment.

13. If after reading all this, you continue to complain about S&H, you are not a moron, but have been upgraded to idiot status!

Comments

• Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    What if you complain about Shipping and handling "prices" but dont buy and let the seller know he is a moron for attempting to charge what you think is high because you ship in the same manner at a lower cost?

• Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    14. If your name is glmueller...
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    No doubt!
  • Options
    unishipuniship Posts: 490 ✭✭
    Funny stuff!
  • Options

<< <i>What if you complain about Shipping and handling "prices" but dont buy and let the seller know he is a moron for attempting to charge what you think is high because you ship in the same manner at a lower cost?

image >>

There we have the question of whether your shipping price is too low?
  • Options
    I don't mind paying $2 to have a slab shipped to me via first class in a bubble mailer or some other suitable form. What I do mind is when I pay $2 and I get a slab in the mail wrapped by a 8 1/2" x 11 piece of paper with my invoice on it. stuck in a plain whit envelope! I understand when you bid you are agreeing to ALL the terms of the seller. And I understand that bubble mailers, tape, printer ink ect... all cost money. But when I see a regular seller/dealer with a $2 shipping price on one graded card I assume it will be shipped safely. By the way this only time I got a card mailed this way and the card was fine.

-Mike
  • Options
    FuturemanFutureman Posts: 135 ✭✭

<< <i>Before You Complain About S&H, Please Read This. It May Enlighten You.

1. If you bid on an item that does not list the S&H charges in dollars and cents, you leave your pocketbook wide open and you are a moron. Always ask before you bid what the exact charges are.

2. If you bid on an item that says “buyer pays actual S&H charges”, you again leave your pocketbook wide open, and you are a moron. Always ask before you bid what the exact charges are.

3. If you bid on an item that say “buyer pays actual shipping” you leave your pocket book wide open and you are a moron. Always ask before you bid what the exact charges are.

4. If you are bidding on an item that says “shipping to be calculated after auction closes”, you leave your pocketbook wide open and you are a moron. Always ask before you bid what the exact charges are. >>

Yes, and any good business man will do whatever he can to wring out every last possible cent out of a customer. There is no better way to promote return business. Yes, I realize there are dishonest sellers, but it's no excuse.

<< <i>9. If you refuse to bid on a widget for $5.00 with a S&H cost of $8.00 (which you figure is too high), then turn around and bid on the exact same widget for $10.00 with a S&H cost of $4.00, then you are a moron for obvious reasons. >>

Or maybe you just decided not to do business with a crummy seller that wants to avoid ebay fees.

<< <i>11. If you think that S&H should be free, or only actual postage should be charged, then I cannot say that you are a moron, but I can say that you have limited financial and business skills. You probably have never been in a management position, ran your own business, or every sold many items on eBay. For those who wish to sell without S&H or with actual postage, that is their business decision. However, there is a big difference between selling on eBay for fun, and selling on eBay as a business. >>

Offering good deals on shipping is a form of sales promotion that could encourage higher bids on many of a seller's auctions.

<< <i>12. If you think that a dollar or two for proper packaging is too much, then let the seller know, and maybe they will just put a stamp on it, write your address on it in magic marker, and drop it in the mail. If you want it to get there in perfect condition, maybe a buck or two is a wise investment. >>

There are sellers that think $3 for "proper packaging" is defined as a "security" envelope and a penny sleeve.

One that you forgot:

13. If you are someone that goes around calling other people "moron" when they have a legitimate gripe, they you are a moron.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i dont care what you guys say, i agree with everything gmueller said..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    RobBobGolfRobBobGolf Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    OH BROTHER!

Serving Ice-Custard-Happiness since 2006

• Options
    augustamanaugustaman Posts: 583 ✭✭
    Amen, glmueller.
    I see so many post here where people write, "I paid
    $5.00 for shipping and it arrived with a .37 stamp on
    it." I think to myself:
    1. Did the listing state $5 for shipping? - YES
    2. Did your card arrive safely and timely? - YES
    You've agreed to pay a specified price and you received
    what you agreed to purchase. Unless an item is damaged
    there should be no problems.
    Personally, I really don't even care if the item was insured.
    In my opinion, that's the seller's risk and responsibility. If I
    pay extra for insurance I expect the item to arrive safely. If
    it does, great. How the seller got it to me doesn't really matter.
    If it arrives damaged or not at all, I expect the seller to correct
    and compensate me, period.

To clarify, my issue with insurance is with examples where someone
    pays for insurance and their package arrives "without" an insurance
    sticker. If I pay extra for insurance and the seller decides the "safest"
    way to get me the item is to hand deliver it across the country, I certainly
    would not ask for a refund on insurance because the seller could not
    supply me with a signed, stamped, and dated USPS insurance sticker.
    I realize this is an extreme and distorted example but I'm just trying
    to make a point.

When I pay for shipping or buy insurance, I'm not paying for a cancelled
    stamp or an insurance sticker, I'm paying to get the item (a price that
    by the way I agree to pay BEFORE hand) delivered to me timely and
    safely. There have been times when I contact the seller (again, BEFORE
    buying) and even offer to pay more for delivery costs along with specific
    instructions on how I'd like the item packaged. Bottom line....agree
    ahead of time.
    Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • Options
    aug,

The problem is you would think the seller is .....honest?...is that the right word? Meaning taking a card, putting it into a toploader, slapping it in an envelope, putting a .37 stamp on it and dropping it in the post is not $5 "worth" of anyones time.

While you are not supposed to "assume" anything one would think and hope that $5 for a shipping fee would include a lot more then a stamp toploader and envelope.

Its "crap" like that, that gives people a "bad name". I have a list of people like that. (small)

Like I touched on in another post when you are selling you should be a descriptive as possible. "Spelling" everything out. The buyer should be able to look at your auction and be able see everything "major" (good scan, description, price, shipping method) and not have to question you unless it is something "else".

The people that put $5 shipping and do not "explain" can either be good people and forget or "shady" people. You know the ones that have to wring every cent out of someone "just because". That is the only reason some do it.

I still need to get that list going and I will probably add a page for $5 envelope shippers, so we can avoid these people.

• Options

<< <i>While you are not supposed to "assume" anything one would think and hope that $5 for a shipping fee would include a lot more then a stamp toploader and envelope. >>

aknot, this is my point exactly. I under stand if I'm buying form someone doesn't sell cards normally I'm taking my chances on how I will receive them no matter how much they charge for shipping. In these case I email then and try to arrange them to be sent in a safe manner adding to the shipping cost if the seller wants. I have even gone as far as to send polly sleeve and top loaders to sellers that would have otherwise just sent them in a envelope with no protection. As far as regular card dealers go, I think safe and secured shipping is assumed. Yes I could be wrong on think this but... When you buy something form lets say Amazon.com, do you email and ask them what it will be shipped in . Will it be in a box with padding, ect??? No They are a business and know what it takes to get you your item safely 99.99% of the time (sometimes nothing can protect against as disgruntled postal worker) and you assume your shipping charges are covering this.

<< <i>I see so many post here where people write, "I paid
    it." I think to myself:
    there should be no problems. >>

agustman, do you really think a seller that charges $5 for a 37 cent stamp,a penny sleeve and an envelope is going to give you back your money if the card comes damaged?

On a slightly different, but same note. I've seen a lot of ebay auctions for ipod stuff like case, cords ect.. that have very low buy it now prices but are like $10 for shipping as a way to avoid some of the ebay fees. I sometimes wonder when I see inflated shipping charges on cards if the seller is just doing that?

-Mike
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I would have to disagree with maxim #9. I realize that $x is always equal to $x, but if the formula for $x contains what I consider an outrageous amount for shipping, I hardly ever make a bid. This is called a "principle." I believe in charging a reasonable amount for shipping, and that amount may be a small amount above actual costs, but I won't agree to what amounts to a built in reserve. What I often see, though, is that this practice often works against the seller. Many times I've seen someone sell something like a PSA card and list a $5 shipping charge, with something like a $2.99 starting bid. That card would very well end at $2.99, grossing $7.99. But an identical item sold with a $2 shipping charge will sell for more. People get turned off to these high charges, and so withhold bids altogether.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Very interesting topic, I have to agree with pretty much everything I've read so far. I generally charge $2.55 for shipping, slabbed or unslabbed. It cost's me about 65 cents for the toploader, penny sleeve, team bag and bubble mailer. Then 1.65 to mail it, which includes delivery confirmation, which I put on every single package I mail out, regardless if paid via paypal or not. So I make an extra 15 cents on shipping usually. I don't feel bad about it.

I do have to admit I hate seeing $3 shipping on a card that ends at 1.00, for those items, it generally is not worth bidding unless the seller is selling quite a few items that you want, and again, ask upfront if the seller will combine shipping. Then, like a previous poster suggested, it does promote additional sales and perhaps even a higher bid. Primarly because if a card books for $5 and you win it for $1 but pay another $3 for shipping...what's the point, but if you can have 5 more 5 dollar cards for another $5 and pay only an extra buck or two, then you are making out a little better in the transaction. Then it's worth bidding them up to 1.50 or 2 bucks.

I'll bet none of you can beat this one though. I won a 1952 Bowman Mickey Mantle on ebay from a guy selling a small box of cards he "found in his parents attic". It looked decent (PSA 4-5) and I got it for a decent price. He had almost no feedback but I gave him a shot. I paid $7 or $8 for shipping, most of that was for the insurance. The card arrived in an old wallet, it wasn't bent in half, but the wallet was folded up as you would expect, and the card was off to one side. No toploader, no penny sleeve...nothing. It arrived loose in a big manilla envelope. A $2500 card came to me in a wallet in a manilla envelope... Beat that! image

In case you are curious, it graded out a PSA 3. BOO....HISS... Wasn't as solid as it appeared in the scan, go figure....

It was one time I should have set expectations with the seller, I was actually nice about it and told him next time he should invest $2 in some penny sleeves and toploaders. At least the card wasn't loose in the envelope when I got it, or glued to a 3x5 index card! image (Yes, I actually heard of that happening)
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Why do we morons always have to be compared to people who don't understand how to figure out shipping charges?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    lol nevermind
    Good for you.
  • Options
    if the card arrives ok..npimage if the card arrives damaged then I expect a refund...period...
  • Options
    ttt for the morons who still question shipping. Thanks Gmueller.
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I agree that a seller who charges $5 for shipping and sends in a bubble envelope with 83 cents postage is a moron.

I agree that a buyer who does not factor "shipping and handling" into their bottom line cost is a moron.

I agree that complaining about clearly stated shipping fees AFTER winning the auction is the act of a moron.

I agree that a seller's shipping expense is more than the exact cost of the envelope/box and the exact postage/insurance. Time is money, too, and it takes time to prepare and ship an item properly. So we shouldn't b*tch if we have to pay a dollar or two more than exact cost.

There is quite a bit of gouging on eBay as people try to build some more profit into the transaction. $5 for a 50-cent bubble envelope and 83 cents postage is not at all uncommon. However, as long as it is stated up front, we are free to pass that auction by or build that $5 into our bid limit. The fact that most people do not think much about shipping until after the fact is another matter.
  • Options
    Yours truly,

NINESnTENS

NINESnTENS: Specializing in Panini mint-gem mint quality sportscards/stickers. The largest Panini inventory anywhere. If we can't get it, it doesn't exist.
  • Options
    Hey Gluemueller,

The fact that you even wrote what you did suggests to me that you are one of those sellers who charges $5 for S&H and sends it with 37 cents postage in an envelope. Sounds like you are trying to justify your sleazy tactics.

I do agree that one should not complain, after the fact, if the S&H is clearly stated. But I also think that those of you who use outrageous S& H charges to make an extra buck are sad and sorry characters. What do you think it says about you? That you are a nice guy that I would like my daughter to meet???

YOU ARE A SAD CASE!

Go ahead and take the extra cents or bucks. You need it more than I do. But I will surely stay away from doing business with you again. I bet you go to church every Sunday and maybe on Saturdays too. Do you think that your priest or rabbi will say that you will make it to heaven, anyway?

If I had your address I would send you my empty cans and bottles to redeem the deposits. You need it more than I do. SAD CASE!
    Yours truly,

NINESnTENS

NINESnTENS: Specializing in Panini mint-gem mint quality sportscards/stickers. The largest Panini inventory anywhere. If we can't get it, it doesn't exist.
  • Options
    Am I a moron or a sleaze?....

I sell and charge $4.00 USPS priority +$0.45 delivery confirm + optional shipping at USPS rates. If they choose insurance, I have to bubble wrap it, get a box, put peanuts in it, tape it up with expensive packaging tape drive 10 minutes to the post office and wait on line for 10 minutes to get it insured. Did I really make $0.15 off the $3.85 priority?? I guess I am a moron for not paying $100/mo for a pitney bowes scale where I could then use click & ship. I'm thinking I am a moron because I am not increasing my fee to $5.00 + $0.45. And I am a moron for not increasing my fee to $6.00 because I paid ebay & paypal fees that gratefully saves me brick & mortar rent, but also enables a buyer to search for a card in about 2 minutes instead of driving to a show costing gas and perhaps parking & tolls, paying an entrance fee, taking an entire afternoon to search the tables and maybe not even find what they were looking for. And also saves the buyer from paying typical retail store prices.

I guess I'm a sleeze because when they don't opt for insurance, I receive $4.45, I over-wrap it in thick cardboard from boxes I take for free every time I go shop at the wholesale club, or from an appliance I bought where I saved and stored the box. I then use click & ship from my computer which is $3.85 and has free delivery confirmation tracking and put it all securely in the free usps provided priority flat rate envelope that I grab a bunch when i go to the post office from the scenario above. I guess there is paper, tape and ink costs but I also get to hand it to my mailman saving me time and gas. I guess I am a sleaze because I made $0.60.

Maybe the moron is the self-righteous buyer who doesn't see the efficiencies ebay provides buyers as well.
  • Options

<< <i>Amen, glmueller.
    I see so many post here where people write, "I paid
    it." I think to myself:
    there should be no problems.
    Personally, I really don't even care if the item was insured.
    In my opinion, that's the seller's risk and responsibility. If I
    pay extra for insurance I expect the item to arrive safely. If
    it does, great. How the seller got it to me doesn't really matter.
    If it arrives damaged or not at all, I expect the seller to correct
    and compensate me, period.

To clarify, my issue with insurance is with examples where someone
    pays for insurance and their package arrives "without" an insurance
    sticker. If I pay extra for insurance and the seller decides the "safest"
    way to get me the item is to hand deliver it across the country, I certainly
    would not ask for a refund on insurance because the seller could not
    supply me with a signed, stamped, and dated USPS insurance sticker.
    I realize this is an extreme and distorted example but I'm just trying
    to make a point.

When I pay for shipping or buy insurance, I'm not paying for a cancelled
    stamp or an insurance sticker, I'm paying to get the item (a price that
    by the way I agree to pay BEFORE hand) delivered to me timely and
    safely. There have been times when I contact the seller (again, BEFORE
    buying) and even offer to pay more for delivery costs along with specific
    instructions on how I'd like the item packaged. Bottom line....agree
    ahead of time. >>

Sorry, if I pay for insurance, I expect to see the blue sticker or red stamp on the enveloppe UNLESS the seller stated that he was "self insuring" (which is a load of crap). I spent $10 for "insured shipping" on a $300 card. Card in a bubble mailer with delivery confirmation. About $1 in shipping.

If you claim to send priority, insured, bubble wrap, etc and I pay for it, and it shows up WITHOUT IT, then you are a FRAUD and deserve a negative.
  • Options
    If you charge exact $3.85 shipping fee to a customer and he pays you the $3.85 wiith Paypal then you didn't get the whole $3.85 back. Is that a smart way to run a business to lose money on shipping everytime you provide a service? It seems almost moronic to do so. Your gas and time and all the supplies and the $3.85 cash out of your pocket all aren't free. Then you got Ebay fees and the card you paid $50.00 for selling for $40.00. Yeah right, you think your making money and the customer is laughing at you when he charges it.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    How do you know it's a good thread?

When in a few minutes the conversation goes from shipping charges to dating someone's daughter and going to church.

Ladies and gentleman let the rodeo begin! If you can hang on for 8 seconds after the bell rings you are a winner.

It costs 60 cents to send three cards in top loaders, cardboard and a 000 bubble mailer. It is possible to get the cost of one card packaged the same way down to 49 cents. USPS sells stamps that when combined add up to these amounts. You of course can calculate shipping fees from any number of sources.

They also sell a relatively inexpensive digital scale that weighs up to 5 pounds. A tip - open a stamps.com account and get the scale free, then close it a month later. You get to keep the scale. Oh, but am I then a sleaze or a moron?

So if I am charging $2 to ship up to three cards that must be a fair price, even if I have taken the time to lessen my costs and ship entirely from home. $3 for a slabbed card since it weighs a bit more and will be packaged more carefully. If you think that your time is worth more then so be it. I happen to think it's good for business to keep the shipping cost to a minimum.

If I insist on sending high value items and larger weight lots of cards by Priority Mail, hopefully the seller understands that I want their item to arrive safely. The supplies are free from the USPS. All you have to do is drop them off or have your postman pick them up or take them to your job where the postman delivers anyway. Insurance unfortunately requires a visit to the post office. I understand that they are working on this.

I agree with most of the manifesto that started this thread. Read the description and contact the seller.....moron (that is one of my favorite words).

Now if we could only have a discussion without bringing our daughters and religion into it.........
  • Options
    ReidReid Posts: 35
    Bubble mailers do not provide adequate protection when shipping graded cards.
  • Options
    Boy oh boy, another shipping thread -

I've been selling on ebay for 6 years, and the whole system of shipping has evolved.

At first, I mailed everything 1st class in bubble mailers (using stamps), and all was fine until buyers started claiming the items never arrived. (At this time delivery confirmation wasn't availble on 1st class items!) Of course, I had to refund or replace the items to give good customer service. After refunding about a dozen $50+ items, I knew the method had to change!

Then I went to boxed priority (with insurance) for everything. I charged $5, and even though the postage went from $4.80 to eventually $5.15 - at this point I'm losing money on shipping - the overwhelming majority of buyers complained that shipping was too high.

So now I'm back to shipping 1st class bubble envelope, with delivery confirmation on everything. $3 for the 1st item, $.75 for each additional bought at the same time. Insurance optional. I have proof of mailing on every shipment. I've had very few problems, but every once in a while something does get lost in the mail. I'll do whatever I can to help the buyer track it down.

The only thing I've truly learned is you can't please everyone. However, there is value in packaging an item securely, and shipping promptly. I don't think that $3 (or even $4 in some cases) is an excessive shipping charge, as long as the item is packaged well.

BTW, paypal takes a chunk of the total payment, including S&H. For example, if I sell a card for $10 with $3 S&H, paypal takes $.35 + 2.9% of $13, which equals $.73. You're left with $12.27.
    Yes, my ebay id is cardboardjungle.
  • Options
    CJ,

But you charging what you charge for the service you provide is not in question.

In question is the "underhandness" of people that say $5 for shipping and slap it in a TL and envelope with a .37 stamp.

Some say well its your fault for ASSUMING and not asking, and getting "burned".

That is not the way I was "raised". I pay a certain amount I expect to get a certain amount of service. It "should" not have to be spelled out. Although I spell it out on my auctions, I always "assume" someone with "high" shipping/handling charges makes every effort to "prove" why they are that high. The ones that dont either "forgot" or are purposly jacking the shipping charges and falling on the crutch of Ebays "rules", instead of using decent human nature.

Yes I have been burned and obviously I will not buy from them again. Negative feedback? Depends. Usually I just dont leave feedback.

• Options
    As a buyer, I have learned that you have to ask if the shipping info you want is not in the auction listing. If the seller really wants to make the sale, they'll respond.

As a seller, I have to say the "underhandedness" you mention goes both ways. I have dealt with many buyers who have tried to "return" a switched card, filed a chargeback on the 90th day after payment (the last day possible - even after leaving me positive feedback!), sent a bad check - hoping you will ship before the check bounces, and the aforementioned "I never received it" claims. (All of this doesn't even include non-paying bidders and international bidders, which is an entirely different discussion.)

Beacuse of the ebay & paypal policies in place, as a seller you pretty much have to ship with tracking to cover you behind. Anyone who doesn't is asking for problems. Paypal has frozen my funds a few times because of chargeback claims, but they have always been resolved in my favor, thanks to good recordkeeping. Unfortunately, it's a part of doing business on ebay.

Yes, my ebay id is cardboardjungle.
  • Options
    You don't have much control over what your card sells for on Ebay so why make auctions that will lose money if they don't go high enough to cover the losses you lose on by giving cheap shipping away. It seems moronic not to figure some of those required fees into a handling charge because you have to pay them whether or not your item goes for a little or a lot. If you sell 100 auctions and 20 do great and 60 are a beating and 20 you get killed on you are you really making anything if you automaticaly lose a certian amount in every one of the auctions good or bad. Your cheap shipping obviously ain't getting you anything and the 100 people dont give a darn about you win or loss.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Gluemueller,

The fact that you even wrote what you did suggests to me that you are one of those sellers who charges $5 for S&H and sends it with 37 cents postage in an envelope. Sounds like you are trying to justify your sleazy tactics.

I do agree that one should not complain, after the fact, if the S&H is clearly stated. But I also think that those of you who use outrageous S& H charges to make an extra buck are sad and sorry characters. What do you think it says about you? That you are a nice guy that I would like my daughter to meet???

YOU ARE A SAD CASE!

Go ahead and take the extra cents or bucks. You need it more than I do. But I will surely stay away from doing business with you again. I bet you go to church every Sunday and maybe on Saturdays too. Do you think that your priest or rabbi will say that you will make it to heaven, anyway?

If I had your address I would send you my empty cans and bottles to redeem the deposits. You need it more than I do. SAD CASE! >>

idiot.
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    glmueller

Great post !
  • Options
    And let's not forget the "International moron" who lives abroad yet bids on your item without asking if it's okay to bid although your auction states you will ship to United States only, only then to balk after the auction closes that it's $16.25 to send on a $30 card.

Then there's "International Moron 2.0" that states he only has to pay the noted shipping & handling which was assumed to be within the USA.

Then there's International Moron 3.0 who claims he doesn't have to fulfill his bid obligation to pay since it was stated in my auction that I would only ship to US only.

And finally international moron 5.0 who sends Russian Rubles to you in the mail.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Hey hojodojonono, what 3 Bonds cards do you still need? Nice you get at least a year off too! image
    Trun on your PM and & send me a PM with what you need.

~My apologies to everyone for this, he doesn't have PM turned on or I would've sent that way instead.~
  • Options

<< <i>And let's not forget the "International moron" who lives abroad yet bids on your item without asking if it's okay to bid although your auction states you will ship to United States only, only then to balk after the auction closes that it's $16.25 to send on a $30 card.

Then there's "International Moron 2.0" that states he only has to pay the noted shipping & handling which was assumed to be within the USA.

Then there's International Moron 3.0 who claims he doesn't have to fulfill his bid obligation to pay since it was stated in my auction that I would only ship to US only.

And finally international moron 5.0 who sends Russian Rubles to you in the mail. >>

lol.. i have a stack of canadian dollars right now..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>You don't have much control over what your card sells for on Ebay so why make auctions that will lose money if they don't go high enough to cover the losses you lose on by giving cheap shipping away. It seems moronic not to figure some of those required fees into a handling charge because you have to pay them whether or not your item goes for a little or a lot. If you sell 100 auctions and 20 do great and 60 are a beating and 20 you get killed on you are you really making anything if you automaticaly lose a certian amount in every one of the auctions good or bad. Your cheap shipping obviously ain't getting you anything and the 100 people dont give a darn about you win or loss. >>

I go back to sellers if they provide "decent" shipping policies. As for "making" money it goes for all BUT the casual seller may see more of a hit then the bigger sellers. That would prove right even on the "street".

Most people figure shipping into their bidding practice so its a moot point about jacking up the price anyway.

So in retrospect you are saying jack the shipping to make up for the lack of the sellers ability to sell? So if the new BMW does not sell well BMW needs to charge people to test drive to hopefully break even?

A fair and good pricing model (to include S/H) will always bring back return customers and create more when proper feedback gets left.