Home U.S. Coin Forum

Day 2 Portland Show. Buck Fever and Coin Fever.

FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
Your first big hunt causes Buck Fever. Also it looks like a first big Coin Show causes Coin Fever. The trigger has got pulled very quickly so far. No damage though because the Mercs looked good when I got home to see them in good light. Whew.....

Now for the Bad..... 358 more miles in one day. Staying home tomorrow for sure. image

The Good.... Opinions were given to me on three coins. One of the coins has suspect PVC inside of the slab, it will go to PCGS for their opinion. A second coin was said to be a shot upgrade coin. This one will stay at home untill it is sold somewhere down the line. The thrid caused disappointment sort of. It was a Raw coin purchased today. The opinion was one point under what I paid for the coin. I'll just sulk in the corner about this one. image

More Good.... A very nice Lady Dealer from Houston, Texas introduced herself to me. Only problem was that the Guy dealer that had the table next to her said she was really vicious. I ran quickly. Actually she was very pleasant and I have no idea why the guy dealer called her vicious. Friday I will go see her again because she has a coin I think I want.

Thats it for day two. It looked like the dealers were buying and selling quite a few coins between themselves. Not many collectors were present at all. One last thing. The Good Weather appears to be on the way out. Thats Oregon though.

Ken

Comments

• nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the interesting report.image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope to meet you Friday or Saturday Ken. Haven't had buck fever for close to 30 years (now, Bull fever is another story). Should be a fun show although my last two were Summer ANA's. At least I have family there to take up some time and will be bringing my oldest son for conversation.

Thanks for the weather story. Beautiful here, I was hoping it would stay away from there. (of course this is all relative, above zero is nice to me)

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file