Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone done any business with . . .

Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
There is a guy on ebay that goes by scardinal. Anyone done any business with him? Lists a lot of coins.

Here is an example though this one looks like it may have been cleaned:

link

Comments

• K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    I have a couple times. His shipping is OK, and I don't mind buying modern mint packaged items or slabbed coins, but his grading of raw coins is way off.
  • ccexccex Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    His pictures are much better than they used to be, and his customer service is still good. My only experience with this seller is an "MS-65 blazing" 1944-S Walker I bought 3 years ago which is extremely weakly struck and overdipped. I haven't been back for another of his raw coin auctions since then, but eBay seems to like him.
    "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor
  • his grading of raw coins is way off.

I concur.
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • I also concur. Don't ever buy a raw coin from them, way, way overgraded.
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭
    actually doesn't look cleaned to me, but it doesn't look ms-65 either. in fact, assuming he wacked out something w/ the digipic, i'd guess it has nice original envelope toning.

K S
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭
    oops, just realized that the seller is steve cardinal. he's an ok guy, but his grades definitely don't meet my criteria.

K S

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file