Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Raw Coin Collection Question

What is the best place a newby collector, college kid, like myself could get awesome raw coins for as cheap as possible? I'm dying to collect coins and get them slabbed, I want to make my own coins, I just do not have tons of capital to put towards it right now. Thanks for your input.

Comments

• ....raw coins for as cheap as possible? Try getting new rolls from your local banks and learn to "cherry-pick" the best. Be persistent but polite and ask if they've got any new state quarters, Jeffersons etc. Having an account with them helps somewhat.
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Good advice! Also stay away from the dealers of raw coins in Coin World. Recently one of

the major advertisers got expelled from the ANA for selling overgrade raw pieces-selling off

sliders, at best, to the trusting and unknowing. There are a lot of good people here that would

be more than happy to help you out! Raw coins are always risky business-especially on ebay.

Stay away from estate sales and absolute auctions as those sales are final.image
  • USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thegiftman2003,

It's extremely difficult to reply to that PM question that you sent me when your PM is off image
  • I could see where that could make things difficult. My PM's are now up and running, thanks for the insight.. lol all this time I though no one wanted to talk to me. heh. Thanks.
  • GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    I like digging thru the "junk" bins at the local shops and shows. Sometimes, they get a huge collection of circ stuff and don't feel like sorting thru it. I find some real nice coins in there sometimes.
    imageimage