Home U.S. Coin Forum

I guess someone has to deal this type of quality.... geesh...

Comments

• DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I guess if you buy those coins, you know you're getting "real" coins. But why on earth anyone would pay the grading fees for them? Doesn't look like they will even recoup the money they spent on the fees----I don't get it!!
    Becky
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, damaged coins need lovin', too! image

Not sure they need slabbin', though!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • ccexccex Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    Hmm, I may have finally found a seller to help me build my "lowest known graded" type set, except most of these offerings are net-graded.

Still looking for ANACS slabbed PO-1 or FR-2 coins without damage or cleaning.

I'm glad someone else is willing to pay the grading and eBay fees!
    "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Probably someone listened to the advice that everyone is always giving. That in order for coins to bring the most money when they are sold, they need to be slabbed. So they slabbed everything. I glanced over the list and I saw several items of interest at reasonable prices, but since they are slabbed I didn't bother to look at them.
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    That's kinda scary, a net EF 22 peace dollar in a slab. I got a couple of those I should send off.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Like I always say, another man's junk is another man's, uh, er, uhhhhh......garbage. Actually, some of the coins are probably good deals, but his images are so terrible that I would never bid.
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANACS is having a special on silver dollars, he has a bunch for sale in ANACS Slabs.
    Ken
  • JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    A lesson in astute business.

Look at all of his auctions: he's got bids on about 90% of his stuff.

We ARE watching you.

• dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭
    wait a minute, isn't this the same forum where a lot of you blab about "i would NEEEEVER buy a coin on ebay if it ain't in plastic"?

K S

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file