Home U.S. Coin Forum

Bowers and Merena Customer service?

Anyone else purchased a coin from B&M lately?

I ordered a coin from them a month and half ago, they sent me the wrong coin, I was rather displeased, then I found out that the coin I ordered was no longer available. I then sent the coin back, I sent it on Feb 20, the USPS just confirmed to me that the package was received by B&M on Feb 23. As of today, I have received neither a refund check nor a credit on my credit card. (It was charged to my credit card, but because the wrong coin was sent, I was promised a refund on my postage to send the coin back to them as well)

It's been a while, and I am gathering up a head of steam here. Wrong order, wrong coin, now problems with the refund. I know that CU just sold the outfit and the "big fish" are no longer with B&M, but this level of service is very dismal to me. Is my experience unique or is this a trend?

-One disgruntle customer who's thinking of packing up the coins he just bought at the latest B&M auction and sending it all back to them.

Comments

• The issue has been resolved.....

It seems that there were some problems with the transition, and the check was a bit late in getting to me.

I'll have to keep the coins I just bought at the Baltimore auction I guess...

They didn't refund my return shipping as promised, but the new promise is that shipping charge for my next order will be waived.... Unfortunately I don't collect Yap stone money from Micronesia. image

• Glad it worked out.
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They SHOULD refund your postage money paid. You should not have to wait until the next time you order.

Unless you are thinking of a very big and bulky order!!!!
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭
    If they won't do the right thing, have your CC company complete the chargeback. image

TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!

• << <i>They SHOULD refund your postage money paid. You should not have to wait until the next time you order.

Unless you are thinking of a very big and bulky order!!!! >>

That was why I was thinking about the Yap stones of Micronesia. image

They should, but I'm not so hard up on it that I'd go chase after them for the dime. Sometimes I would go after people for the nickel and dime stuff just for the principle of it if I feel that the other party isn't being honest and forthright. In this case, B&M is now being run by new owners, and they're being very apologetic for a problem that was left over from before their purchase of B&M. It appears to be an honest oversight, so I'm quite willing to let it go and leave it be, and take their word that they'll make it right in the future.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file