Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

GIVE ME A BREAK!!

I submitted 10 cards to PSA for grading. I checked them all myself before submitting under my own magnifying glass. Corners were sharp as can be. 5 of them come back with grades of 7 and I notice that the corners are dinged. COME ON! Did someone at PSA Drop them??? Like I would submit modern cards with dinged corners visible to the naked eye!!!! Pleeeeeaaaaase. I KNOW THEY WERE MISHANDLED...Is there not any recourse?

I know a lot of people swear by PSA but at least BGS tells you where your card's flaws are.

Makes you wonder who ACTUALLY is grading and handling these cards.

Man I'm pissed!!!
You get what you pay for

Comments

• Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Do you have scans of the cards before they were sent to PSA ?

• Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear your dilemna.

I once submitted a gem 1976 Rod Carew straight from a rack pack. I expected 9 minimum. It came back a 7 with a noticeable ding in one corner. Someone spoiled it while it was at PSA. So, this does happen, but unless you have unequivocable proof of the cards' conditions before you submitted, I doubt if you have any recourse.

Good luck.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I had this happen a couple months ago with a '73 OPC Canadiens Team card, and a '62 Reds team card. Both were gorgeous, and both came back dinged.

I just sucked it up and took it, since I doubt there's anything that can be done.
  • Options
    Koby, no unfortunately I don't but I will be sure to from here on in. However, since scans are readily available these days, I doubt it would be easy to prove with a scan that it was the card you submitted....unless the card is serial #ed to begin with.

Man I'm still steaming!!
    You get what you pay for
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    I had the same thing happen to me all the same right hand lower corner. I will never know what caused it. The animals at the P.O.? PSA mishandle it ? I chalked it up to crap happens,and now protect the heck out of my cards . A box in a box ..popcorn.....bubble wrap.

James
    x
  • Options
    how did you send them DR? not trying to say that you didn't know what you are doing, but did you use cardsavers? or toploaders? i have personally seen employees at the post office throw boxes 5 to 10 feet, as they do not care about packages, or mail at all. cards in toploaders will slide around and bump corners no matter how well they are protected.
  • Options
    Cadillac....

Here's how I sent them.

First they were in a soft sleeve... then inserted into a card saver. Then stacks of 3 card savers were sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard that was over-sized and bigger than the card savers. Then, these were inserted into bubble envelopes. The Bubble envelopes were then inserted into a box which was then inerted into a slightlty bigger box. PERFECT SHIPPING. I know that if any dings were caused it was at the PSA end. Had to be. Perhaps they fell off the grader's table or desk.

You get what you pay for
  • Options

Apparently the only way to make sure your cards are in the condition you state, is to give the cards directly to PSA at a show. Or carry them in to PSA itself (which is not an option for most of us). Otherwise we are all subject to the potential dreaded ding.image

Ed
    email address: alohaet@hotmail.com
  • Options
    well DR, i guess you do have a beef then, thats way better than i send mine! of course don't hate me for asking. that's pretty sick that something like that would happen, and somebody knew it when they did it.

that's like the young dudes at my work clogging up the toilet with stinky, and then playing dumb when asked who left it like that. luckily i just rewind the security tape and find the true culprit. too bad people can't admit when they do something wrong or damage something, even on accident.
  • Options
    We vacation near Newport Beach every year. After this thread, I've decided to take about 100 to 150 cards. Now I just got to figure out how to get them home without my wife seeing them!

Looking for Nolan Ryan PSA 10's.

Texas Heat Wave
  • Options
    Interesting analogy, but point taken (I think.)image
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • Options
    Only place I've ever noticed that my cards came back worse than before grading was with PSA twice. Sent in a few SPX/auto rookies (one of them was a Yao Ming) and they were flawless...right from packs. They come back as PSA 8's (basically garbage grades since 9's were getting as much as raw). I looked at a few of them and there were big chips along the edges (they were not there before) as well as hit corners on each card. Man was I pissed off. These cards were easy PSA 9's and all came back 8's with edges looking like someone took their fingernail across them. Last two submissions have been crap with PSA for me and I haven't sent anything in for a few months.
    CB4