Home U.S. Coin Forum

Experiences with this ebay seller? Good/bad?

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
Wondering how many have dealt with WestWoodRC from Florida and/or what people think of his auctions.....I see some raw coins that I wonder why they are raw (if you gather what I mean....)?

Link to 1931-S Lincoln, Raw

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭
    Never bought from them, mostly because everything looks overgraded. I'm betting that 31 S gets body bagged. It just doesn't look right.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • ccexccex Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    My only experience with this seller was an overgraded, cleaned Barber Dime he sent me almost three years ago. I haven't seen any reason to bid on this seller's auctions since then.
    "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor
  • Bill Domminick, the owner of Westwood, was a major seller of Accugrade material a few years ago and now has gravitated to NTC it seems. I wouldn't buy an item like that raw but that said, he DOES sell NGC and PCGS graded material as well. His ads will show a major price differential between a raw coin and the same date for one graded by PCGS or NGC.

That spells out the message quite clearly. He's actually a nice guy and I will buy PCGS or NGC graded coins from him if I like the look and we can agree on price.

This dealer, like many others, often sells raw key dates that will not slab by the major companies. That doesn't mean that the coins are worthless. It just means they are worth LESS.

Think about it. What is a dealer to do with the large quantity of material that comes in that cannot be slabbed? There's still a market for it. I'd rather he sell it raw as Westwood is doing with this coin than slab it in a 4th tier slab to give the collector/newbie the impression that the coin is something it's not. Never seen any altered dates or counterfeits in his case, and I know he's quite knowledgeable. Just use good common sense.

Ira
    Dealer/old-time collector
  • Looks like they use stock pictures, sold they same coin a couple of weeks link
  • I have to look at something like this from a seller's perspective.

If I had a 31-S Lincoln that I truely believed was an MS65 + with a fair market value of $500 and up, I'd be submitting that puppy to fetch it's deserving grade.

Far too many coins are sold on eBay that will no way make the grade, but fetch a nice purse because of the spectacular lip service marketing hype.

Just list the coin and let the buyer be their own judge on the grade. Don't try to baffle me with bullsh*t.

Craig
    The Rede we live by: If it harms none, do what you will.
  • I sent the guy an email inquiring about the same auction he ran last week. I will let you know what kind of response I get.
  • His feedback scares me!

I recieved a cleaned coin,not the one I bid on. He wont send me the one I bid on

Will Not Comunicate!Does POOR Business!Trys to sell POOR Coins @ 10 Times the $

more garbage coins, double billing, cheats, lies, restock fees....ebay junkman

This was DEFINATELY the WORST Ebay transaction and will never shop E-bay agai-b

Coins advertised as CH AU to BU and coins were cleaned and were vf to ef ...

I would not bid more than $5 on a blurry picture!
  • I have bought from him and the coins were over graded. I won't buy from him again.....image
    JoeCool

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file