Home U.S. Coin Forum

WARNING! Major eBay Scam Auctions

Almost every item that this pin-head is selling on eBay is a replica. They are not even good replicas. Even his genuine coins are a joke. Here's the link: link to scammer on eBay

He just started selling coins on eBay, so his past transactions are positive (all 9 of them). He is using the excuse that he recently bought all of these coins at a weekend estate sale and claims that he knows nothing about coins. One thing for sure: it's all junk and everything but his magic 2003 Lincoln Cent (Unique Error is bogus.

I would contact eBay, but most of the items are closing in just minutes. What a scumbag.
www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!

Comments

• RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭
    I guess he's trying to learn about coins, as the only two feedbacks I could access were him as buyer of coins.imageimage

• << <i>Almost every item that this pin-head is selling on eBay is a replica. They are not even good replicas. Even his genuine coins are a joke. Here's the link: link to scammer on eBay

He just started selling coins on eBay, so his past transactions are positive (all 9 of them). He is using the excuse that he recently bought all of these coins at a weekend estate sale and claims that he knows nothing about coins. One thing for sure: it's all junk and everything but his magic 2003 Lincoln Cent (Unique Error is bogus.

I would contact eBay, but most of the items are closing in just minutes. What a scumbag. >>

Oh my god man, your right. He is a total scam artist. Look at this link where he says hes selling a 20$ gold double eagle. Eeesh.

[a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39472&item=3903829978#ebayphotohosting"]Click here for the link[/a]

Ahh I guess I can't code my own HTTP links. Other than by coding them myself I'm not sure how to make the link image

Here's the address though, copy and paste it:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39472&item=3903829978#ebayphotohosting
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    Someone got ripped on this.
    They never learn image
  • Someone got ripped on this.

OUCH!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • XpipedreamR, that's the auction that pi$$ed me off the most. That piece of junk is not even close to being gold. It almost looks like plastic. Sad...........image

• "Just came from an estate auction this weekend and I purchased a few coins which I plan to sale all of them as I do not collect coins."

Uhm, why would you buy coins at an auction if you don't collect them? You wouldn't, at least not intentionally.

He should just be truthful:
    "Just came from the local flea market where I picked up lots of terrible replicas/counterfeits/junk which I plan to sell to you suckers for big bucks."
    "A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes"--Hugh Downs
  • What I want to know is WHO bids $766 for ANY raw coin (especially an obvious fake) with a stated "as is, no refund" policy. Unbelievable!!!
  • MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    The seller that sold the 1850 token is the BIGGEST rip off artist on Ebay when it comes to selling Civil War items. I once posted here about this seller and the bogus Confederate notes they were pushing. Here are two excellent sites that have great info on this kind of CRAP!

Link 1
    Link 2
    ANA Link
  • Interesting how pjd1966 has user ID's kept private. Could it be he doesn't want anyone to be able to warn these poor saps about what they're getting into?
    Nah! That couldn't be it. I'm sure he's just looking out for the privacy and best interest of his bidders image

Craig
    The Rede we live by: If it harms none, do what you will.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file