Home U.S. Coin Forum

Question about submitting 60-80 coins

Does PCGS have a discount service rate to grade and not holder coins which fall under a certain grade threshold? Say MS67? Hypothedically, lets say I had 200 coins I thought to be MS67-69 and wanted to holder all MS67 and above for resale or my collections (Lets say they are all roughly the same coin) would they scan them and only holder the 67s and above? And what would the fee be for exam and not slab per coin?
Thanks, Really hope they provide this service as I know I have a bunch of great newbies to share and don't want to get stuck holding any lower graded holdered coins.

Waltimage

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's called bulk submission. Minimum 100 coins, $8 per coin. There are some other specific requirements, but I don't know what they are. I think Marty knows the details, though, since he's a big time dealer dude.

Russ, NCNE

• imageimage
    imageimage
    JoeCool
  • foodudefoodude Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭
    Yeah ask Marty the big dealer dude. If you submit AU58s in bulk, I think there is a bigger discount; Marty would knowimage

You could pose your question to David Hall in the Q&A section. He answers the questions on Tuesday.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    Is this 100 coins for $8 each thing only for moderns?
  • Help Marty, I have the same question......

JoeCool
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    PCGS will slab all the AU58s you want for $8 per coin!!!!

Actually you tell PCGS the minimum grade you want, say you submit 100 coins at a minimum grade of MS67. I think (you may have to call and ask for Debrah) you have to make 60% of your minimum grade or PCGS charges you $5 per coin for the no grades! Bulk does not mean send all your crap and PCGS will sort it for you, bulk assumes that you pre-grade your coins and send PCGS the coin YOU think will make the minimum grade. Hope that helps.
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    And since when am I Mr. Bigtimedealerdude????
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file