Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is this worth slabbing?

BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
What would you grade it?

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set

Comments

• Looks to be a nice clean looking coin. Grade is hard to say due to small photos....Ken
  • I dont think I would submit it unless u want to use it on the registry. Its a nice coin but raw or slabbed doesnt seem to matter as much with these guys in circ IMO.
  • I know nothing about these guys, but it looks quite nice to me. I do think I see a little bit of rub on the reverse, but it could just be me. The fields look very clear, though. I think this is going to be one of those ones where it is either an extremely nice AU58 or a MS63. I sure wish I knew more about copper...
  • BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Looks AU, so worth what? maybe $200. Slabbing is $30, 15% of the coin's value. Doesn't seem worth it to me.
  • Yes, looks like it might grade AU......

JoeCool
  • Looks to be a very nice coin. If and I say IF cleaned by an expert it
    will probably be AU 50. Anyone who is not a copper expert will ruin
    the coin for sure. Getting very scarce in high grade, meaning XF or better.
    Rusty
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's gotta be better than a 50. Looks 55-58 to me.

Worth slabbing? Yeah, I'd say so, if the fees don't bring your total investment in the coin above its retail value.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Looks like a strong XF45 or maybe AU50. There are two perspectives to look at if you want to slab. The dealers perspective would be not to slab it. The minimal amount the coins value would increase with slabbing would not be worht your while. As a collector I would say yes have it slabbed. To have a nice coin like this in a protective holder and profesionally graded would be an excellent addition to a collection.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    strong 50 maybe 55, a nice coin, slab?, no not me, but I'm an album guy.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭
    Technically it looks like a VERY solid XF-45 to me, but I bet it will go AU-50 to AU-55 if you submit. ANACS will probably be hardest on it, and NGC might give you a 53/55; betting 50/53 with PCGS.

Assuming no cleaning the coin has excellent eye appeal.

I like it.image
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AU. Nice coin. Should be worth slabbing but it is probably very saleable just as it is. It would be a great coin for people who use albums.
    All glory is fleeting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file