Home U.S. Coin Forum

Tonight's take the newbies auction...

Comments

• MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    I can't tell nothing from those images.image
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Looks kind of fake. Is it?

Russ, NCNE
  • That injun has a helluva scar on his jawline......
  • BeeManBeeMan Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    Who are these stupid people who pay these ridiculous prices?
    Watch the mirror count the lines
    The battle scars of all the good times
  • When a person with his face covered in bees says "who are these stupid people?" you know they must be in trouble.
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When a person with his face covered in bees says "who are these stupid people?" you know they must be in trouble. >>

Good Point.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    I don't know if it's the picture or what but the coin just doesn't look right. I agree with Russ in saying that it does look fake. I think what was done here is the image has been changed to grayscale you can tell by the background. Sometimes changing an image to a deep grayscale hides a lot of things. The image also has been darkened as well. The glossiness of the coin makes it look suspect.
  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    joeyuk,
    cool comment!!!!imageimage
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • This "junk" is an easy sell at flea markets for $325 to $375 right now problems or not, and there are quite a few Dealers who will pay $300 for one with this level of detail that is original. This date is to buffalo nickels as the 1909-S VDB is to Lincolns. They both carry an aura of mystique.

I agree with the previous posters that it is impossible to tell if the coin is authentic from the pics. The mint mark and placement look OK.
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that's not a belt buckle made in Taiwan, I'll eat my hat.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file