Home U.S. Coin Forum

What's PCC???

Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
Never heard of them.....

Link

Dennis

Comments

• Don't know who they are (someone here will - Condor?), but you've got to wonder about a TPG that labels a Lincoln CENT a Lincoln PENNY!! image

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • but you've got to wonder about a TPG that labels a Lincoln CENT a Lincoln PENNY!! ...While I agree that it probably should say cent, in this part of the U.S. that I live in, they've always been called a PENNY. Not that this the proper term, but that's what people call them....Ken
  • RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    I've come across a few. I think it stands for Pure Crap Coins ...
  • It looks more like a 63-64 than a 68.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another fly-by-night, no-name service, it would seem.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Just another one of the recent startup third tier grading service. Started a couple months ago, probably won't be around much longer if it is even still in operation.
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I like the way the seller has clipped the pic so that you can't see the "PCC" on the slab. He obviously wants to confuse the buyers into thinking it's a PCGS coin.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭
    I saw a glut of these some months ago but now don't see many. They may already be dead.
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>I like the way the seller has clipped the pic so that you can't see the "PCC" on the slab. He obviously wants to confuse the buyers into thinking it's a PCGS coin. >>

Not really since he shows almost the whole front label and it is obviously not a PCGS label. The company initials PCC don't appear on the front label anyway. Clipping off the back label of a slab is a very common practice so I would not read too much into that.
  • There's a slew of PCC coins in this auction. Had no idea what PCC was until I searched for this thread.

Realtime National Debt Clock:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file