Home PSA Set Registry Forum

anyone ever see this b4? GAI in a soft flip???

2794480362 gai? in a soft flip with a gai tag on it?

sorry do not nose how to link
Good for you.

Comments

• Collecting PSA Vintage Hockey
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    It is a "pre grade". The sticker is tamper proof and it is an opportunity to have the card slabbed.

I wish PSA had this service, as I saw a few raw cards that I would have paid to have pre-graded, and then sent back with PSA to have slabbed.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    i see, this way if u do not get the grade u want u say forget it? seems silly to send cards back and forth though no?
    Good for you.
    I have seen them done at the Fort shows. Basically, I see it as this:

You find a nice raw card at a show, ask a dealer if it can be pre-graded (I would offer to pay the 3 bucks) and if it would be a PSA ? or higher then you would buy the card. At the last show, I wanted to buy a raw Mantle but PSA was not doing onsight grading. I have had success in the past asking Matt or Lyle back in the day to see what the graders thought. If it was the grade I wanted (more importantly a legit card) I would pay the fee and get it slabbed. I would pay 10 bucks or more to get a pregrade, and I am sure others would as well.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    so let me get this straight i find a nice raw card, ask the dealer if i can get it pre graded, i go across the bourse where psa , gai sgc etc is doin pre grades they say it will be a 8, 9 whatever i go back and give the dealer the original sum he wanted?? hmmmmm
    Good for you.
  • BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>2794480362
    sorry do not nose how to link >>

well it appears that ROBSTAR does not either! image

here is a New Link (that works!) image
    65 TOPPS #309 STEVE HAMILTON YANKEES GAI 8
    imageimage
  • If that is pregraded GAI 8, that is one ugly 8. It must be 80/20, 75/25 at best.
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Yep, ugly centering indeed. No way that crosses to a PSA 8, a 7 perhaps...

I have had bad luck with these GAI pre-grades before. I bought some really nice 62's a while back, which is not really my thing, but I thought I could cross them and do okay on the deal. 4 cards, all pregraded 7 (one 7.5), and I got back 4 PSA 6's.
  • it would be nice if for 10.00 psa pregrade cards at shows
    I spoke to PSA about this last year. It makes sense, especially if they are not doing onsite slabbing. Send a few graders and make some bucks - charge the same price as a grade, and then again to have it official.