Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Purple toned american silver coin

I store one of my 99.999% pure silver coins in a plastic flip. I'm not sure if its PVC or not. On one side it hsa an eagle flying below a bell. On the other side it says: One Troy Ounce .999 fine silver. And over the years I noticed it regained a nice tone of purple image

Comments

• Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    GLC, take your coins out of plastic flips, store them in Mylar 2x2's or airtites. Coin protection is important and if you wish to assemble a nice collection, you've got to listen to your elders.image

That might be everybody here...image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    I know I have to get them out of plastic flips, but I'm no where near a coin store and I don't know where to get airtights. I'm happy that gold doesn't tarnish because my gold coins still look good in those plastic flips. one of those coins I've left in a plastic flip since 1997. 7 years .. I've noticed its lost its luster but not much else image

• Options
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Goldlover, it would help if you would read what we've already written in answering your questions. In addition, you can do searches here and on the US forum and find ample threads touching on the subject of PVC, flips, cleaning, and many other topics.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22