Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

ms Kennedy registery set questions

Why is the 71D have a weight of 2? current pops 66/67/68 are 465/157/2
It is easily one of the most common high grade pre 1990 dates in the set.

The #6 collection has a 1967 67cam coin listed.
Can you use sms coins in the MS Kennedy set?

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why is the 71D have a weight of 2? current pops 66/67/68 are 465/157/2
    It is easily one of the most common high grade pre 1990 dates in the set. >>

It's possible that we've seen substantial growth in the pops for the coin since the weighting was put in to place. It's also possible that the assigned weight makes no sense. image

<< <i>The #6 collection has a 1967 67cam coin listed.
    Can you use sms coins in the MS Kennedy set? >>

No, you can't. The coin is a mechanical error and PCGS has refused to do anything about it. Several of us have called it to PCGS's attention and they don't seem to care.

Russ, NCNE
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The coin is a mechanical error and PCGS has refused to do anything about it. Several of us have called it to PCGS's attention and they don't seem to care."

The collector who owns that Registry set and that coin wrote to me this week and asked if I could assist him in resolving the matter with PCGS. I did offer my assistance and emailed DH about it. Hopefully, the matter can be resolved shortly.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.