Home U.S. Coin Forum

2004 nickel

I finally found a bank in town that had the new nickels. They let me have 10 rolls. They look great. Only 1 other bank I checked with even said they had gotten some. They were out and had limited them to 1 roll per customer.

I guess now I will need to find someone who will swap a roll for a D roll. I guess I will head over to the swap thread.
jdp

Comments

• FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Were the rolls you found in blue mint wrappers or were they in the standard plastic?
  • I just bought 25 rolls of D's. They didn't have the P's yet.
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    JDP and whoever else...I have rolls of both as I opened 3 of 8 bags I bought, so if somone needs a roll
    of one or the other pm me.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    Got two rolls from the bank today. Nice design, ugly execution of it. There will be no such thing as a beautiful US coin until they give up on this cheap die making method and go back to higher relief designs.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • They are in the plastic rolls. Sorry, that was the best I could do.
    jdp
  • My dad got 4 P rolls from the bank in the blue wrap that says "Harrisburg PA" on it.He let me have one.I've already busted it open to pass them out to co-workers.
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just returned from a coin club meeting. A member had some of the new nickels. Extremely disappointing. The relief is low and the design doesn't stand out well at all.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭✭
    Nobody around here has any, and I'm just looking for singles (4 each) P & D to keep my and my sons' collections current. Always looking to trade! Thx!

- - Daveimage
  • Mine are in those "String & Son" paper wrappers.
  • Just a little nudge.
    jdp
  • RodiusRodius Posts: 857
    What is the difference between the process of the plastic rolls verses the paper rolls? So, when I go to the bank to pick up a new roll or 10 I will know what to purchase.
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I just got 20 rolls of michigan quarters--10 plastic and 10 paper. The coins in the paper rolls looked much better than the plastic.
    Not sure if it is always that way.
    Rookie Joe
  • I just got a roll of P nickels and P Michigans. The Michigans were CRAP! Every single one had counting machine damage... image But I did find some cool Jeffersons with die polishing image
    -George
    42/92
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My son got one in change from the US Mint at the Portland Show. I really didn't want to spend $8.95 for the two rolls myself.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • richbeatrichbeat Posts: 2,288
    I just received my May copy of COINage, and David Ganz had this somewhat "interesting" comment to make (Insider's Report, page 58):

"The first coin in the new Westward Journey nickel series was shipped to Federal Reserve Banks in early March. It marks the first change in the nickel design since 1938. Besides pleasing collectors, the federal government gets a $100 million seigniorage benefit over the next couple of years from the effort. The new design, which features Jefferson's portrait on the obverse and an Indian peace medal design on the reverse, will be produced exclusively at the Denver Mint."

Huh??? Is Denver producing the P and D nickels? Has to be a typo. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file