Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Two Weeks to Cherrypickers Guide!

keojkeoj Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
Okay, the last time I looked, the Cherrypickers Guide was to be received by the end of March....2 weeks from now. Anyone hear of anything or willing to place bets on this deadline?

Comments

• Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    3 to 1 odds it will not come out by the end of March.
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several people have alraedy placed bets of a sort on this. I'm starting to think I'll get my copy of 'Chinese Democracy' before my Cherrypickers' Guide. image

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    Two weeks to Cherrypickers Guide!image
  • Options
    I think my June guess is going to be closest.
  • Options
    nepbrs44nepbrs44 Posts: 600 ✭✭
    I hope it is better reading than the new PCGS book.
    Bill.

Bust Half & FSB Merc Collector
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    It hurts just to think of all the unsearched stuff I should and wanted to search six months ago.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    im tired of excuses, and I doubt JT even remembers who paid in AUGUST OF LAST YEAR..

hes deffinatelyimage
    at the wheel

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to get one of these books. Somebody wake me up when they are available.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Gotta be the most anticipated coin book OF ALL TIME, EVER. IT'S SUPER NUCLEAR HOT.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    No, that would be the Breen half cent and large cent encyclopedias. The half cent book was announed around 1954 and delivered in 1986, the large cent book was announced around 1970 and promised as "ready next year for sure" every year from 1985 until it fiannly came out in 2000. In each case we had to wait for thirty years or more.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, I looked out the window and didn't see any pigs flying by!!!image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    Hey, I want the new Cherrypickers Guide as badly as anyone, but it is a major task. I would imagine (since I have never written a book) that putting together a book of this magnitude would be challenging, to say the least, especially considering that one of the authors is having some personal and health problems. I have heard throught the grapevine that some others in the know are lending a helping hand. Maybe it will be done soon.??
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • Options
    I love varieties but you have to realize this is a more obscure aspect of the hobby. I'm glad people like him, John Wexler,kevin Flynn and now Chuck Daughtrey(coppercoins) and others have taken the time to help people learn and appreciate these things. Of course this is the business they chose but I'm just happy someone is doing it. Joe
  • Options
    jharjhar Posts: 1,126
    Add to that that the author JT Stanton is still recovering from Cancer. Last time I got an email from Mr. Stanton, he had just got out of the hostpital and was no where near himself. That's been about a year ago though. Does anyone know if he is still being treated for Cancer??
    J'har

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file