Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I had to go across the street to get my 70's - 3 out of 19

My first NGC submission. I have 4 modern and 1 economy still waiting at PCGS that were submitted a month earlier than NGC.
They received this 2/26 and I have it back 3/18 - 21 days image

But first the BODY BAGS:

I had a 1956 proof set that had an extra nickel in it, the dime was beautiful deep blue toning on both sides, the half and one nickel had lesser toning.

1956 1c PF 68 RD
1956 5c BB- Rim Nick (where the extra 5c hit it)
1956 10c BB- Environmental damage
1956 25c PF 67
1956 50c PF 66 (nice rainbow in "In God We Trust")

This coin was BB'd at PCGS for Questionable Color. NGC Slabbed it PF 66 BN

Modern Commemoratives:

1991-D USO (MS69)
1993-S Jefferon (PF69 UCAM)
1995-P Paralympic (PF69 UCAM)
1998-S RFK (2 both PF69 UCAM)
1998-S RFK MS70
1999-P Yellowstone Set (MS69/PF69 UCAM)
1999-P Dolley Madision Set (MS69/PF 69 UCAM)
2002-W West Point (PF70 UCAM)
2003-P First Flight (PF69 UCAM)

1999-P SBA $1 PF70 UCAM

My last PCGS submission was horrible, so I was very happy with NGC

1) Modern coins date back to 1955
2) Turn around time was great
3) They give 70's to the coins that deserve it

My posts viewed image times
since 8/1/6

Comments

• Options
    May I ask where you find these awesome raw coins to get certified?
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Actually the two PF70 UCAMS I purchased direct from the mint
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    DeadhorseDeadhorse Posts: 3,720
    PCGS really needs to reaccess the way they look at toned coins other than Morgans.

I've gotten 3 BBs in the last couple months that are in no way AT, not even close.

Accross the street, they seem to understand that toning can occur in coins other than Morgans.

I'm still ticked off beyond reason with PCGS as it is over a proof Frankie that they simply raped me on, there can be no other term for it. Rather than smash it with a sledge hammer and just quit the coins and stick to bullion, I'll give it one more shot accross the street.
    My bet is it will be 2 or 3 points higher, which is what it really is.

Tomorrow I am sending off several coins for grading/slabbing. The toned ones that aren't Morgans are going elsewhere. Sorry PCGS, but you've created your own problem with collectors and sadly, I've seen no reason to believe you even care.

PCGS will get my high end Morgans and all my CCs and that's about it from now on.

Sorry to go off on a little bit of a rant, but has anyone ever had any luck dealing with PCGS when they've made an obvious mistake? Have they ever admitted to screwing over a customer/collector and made things right before?
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file