Home U.S. Coin Forum

UNITE OUR COIN IDEAS?

I should have clarified yesterday - I think that if the $-coin program flies, there's a lot more chance that the next half-$ program will also be possible, etc. It's not artistic, but it's a step towards creativity... if this gets turned down, who knows what direction the Mint will go.

I love the ideas about Harriet Tubman and National Parks on coins - and of course there's always room for Lady Liberty.

Is there a way to poll everyone on here about which ideas they like, for example? We could send that to Rep. Castle...

Comments

• You could start a poll...

I just realized you might not know how to do this. If you make a new thread, there is an option to start a poll to go with it.
  • GoldfingerGoldfinger Posts: 319 ✭✭
    I like this idea. If we can circulate petitions at local coin clubs, this could become a meaningful campaign. From experience, I can tell you that elected officials do not generally care about petitions unless they include signers' addresses. They have to know that something is coming from their own constituents.

-Jay
    small_d

e-mail me here

WINNER:
    POTD 8-30-05 (awarded by dthigpen)
    POTD 9-8-05 (awarded by gsaguy)
    GSAGUY Slam 12-10-04
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stqgirl: What Dollar Coin Program is currently under consideration? Sorry, but I've got myself so buried in 18th & 19th Century Coins, that I haven't kept up with recent coin news and find myself a bit uninformed...

Thanks in advance for a web link that I can refer to.

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • How many times will the dollar coin program fail, before they realize we don't want to carry them?
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's another good link about changing the other designs.LINK
    Tempus fugit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file