Home U.S. Coin Forum

Greysheet pissing me off!

GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
Okay, how do I get the full range of US coin denominations??? I bought online the current greysheet (ie: March 19th), and got the Morgan Dollar, Merc's, and Walkers. So I bought again online to download, and paid for the previous week - March 12th. Same thing!!! Morgans, Merc's, and Walkers!!!

I want to get prices for Cents. And instead, I get the same info, and they keep charging my credit card! This is frustrating. What do I need to do to get the cents downloaded? Is that a certain date? They should really use a better numbering/invoice system so you know what you will get when you download.

Comments

• MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to order the monthly to get cents. Go online and read what each issue has in it.
    Thanksgiving National Battlefield Coin Show is November 29-30, 2024 at the Eisenhower Allstar Sportsplex, Gettysburg, PA. Tables are available. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, that worked.

I thought that it alternated each week, and if I bought 2 weeks, I would get one complete list.
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    There are 5 parts total: the Weekly, the Monthly, Quarterly 1, Quarterly 2, and Quarterly 3. Each of those 5 parts always has the same listings. To get everything, you need all 5.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Are there other coins worth collecting than these? image
  • BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    I buy the hard copy package of all current newsletters that kranky mentions. It also includes Blue sheet for sight unseen certified values and green sheet for bills. Cost is $13, and if you really want to look like a dealer at shows, another $5 gets you the binder. I buy the update a few times a year right before I go to big shows.
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set
  • ms71ms71 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have another good package I buy, it's $60 a year. You get one shipment a month, it includes the most current weekly, the monthly, and the current quarterly. So you get all the monthlies and quarterlies every year, but only one weekly per month. If you want all the data and don't need to keep up with weekly changes in those series covered in the weekly, it's a good way to go.
    Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file