Home U.S. Coin Forum

Tales from the coin room Wednesday

A $150 deposit came in today and must have been grandpa's stash. It was walkers, franklins and silver washingtons. Also, two silver eagles in a bag of anthony dollars.

Comments

• It went into a $1000 bag of halves. Someone who buys the bag from the bank, is in for a pleasant surprise.
  • nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    I love these posts, Donovan; keep 'em coming.image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Interesting, at least we know the 90% silver is still out there.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section

• << <i>Interesting, at least we know the 90% silver is still out there. >>

I see so many 40% halves each day, they aren't even worth mentioning.
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donovan: Would the bank allow you to purchase the silver coins at face value and to replace them with clad coins? image It seems a shame to let them go so easily... image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"

• << <i>Donovan: Would the bank allow you to purchase the silver coins at face value and to replace them with clad coins? image It seems a shame to let them go so easily... image >>

It's an armored car company. They won't let us buy anything. It's probably a smart policy, otherwise I wouldn't get any work done.
    Who do I need to speak with to purchase bags of silver-salted coins?? -- legally...

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

• << <i>Who do I need to speak with to purchase bags of silver-salted coins?? -- legally... >>

No way to know where they end up. The armored car company has dozens of accounts with banks, including the Fed. The bags could end up anywhere.
    It is interesting to see that there are still some 90% silver coins circulating... There is hope for those of us who still diligently check our pocket change!!

Stuart

• Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭
    I LOVE reading these stories. Keep up the great work!
  • I couldn't stand doing your job, Donovan. Watching all those wonderful treasures drift away,... so close and yet so far.
    But, don't stop telling us about it. It's such delightful torture image
    The Rede we live by: If it harms none, do what you will.
  • sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    I don't know how you do it, Donovan. Such torture!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file