Home U.S. Coin Forum

Grades just posted...... Heartbreak city... the Kitty is sad.....

LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭

I tried, I knew it was against the odds........ to make the first ms67 55d Washie....... The coin is still very close........

here is a link to the coin:
Link to Lucy's 55d.........

I still think it has a shot, if ever a coin was going to be in a seven holder for this date, this one is it...

Here are my grades, the Frankies were what I graded them, the 47s Washie is a wonderful toner.........

1 21459152 1952 50C USA MS64FL
1 21459153 1952 50C USA MS64FL
2 21459154 1947-S 25C USA MS65
3 21459155 1955-D 25C USA MS66
4 21459156 1945 10C USA MS67
5 21459157 1955-D 10C USA MS67FB
imageBe Bop A Lula!!
"Senorita HepKitty"
"I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter

Comments

• razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    image I feel ya Lucille...Maybe resubmit? If you do, send it under an alias...image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • That quarter needs to go right back in.
  • ccrccr Posts: 2,446
    Heartbreak Hotel.image
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you do, send it under an alias... >>

no, i do well with the account I use... This was a very nice submission...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Poor Hepkitty... image
    -George
    42/92
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucy: That's a very beautiful Washington Quarter image -- and no I really did not chop down that cherry tree!! image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    That was a good risk, Lucy. I didn't see the original thread when you first posted the images. After looking at it now, I can see why you were optimistic. If another 67 gets made, I'd send that one right back in. It just might not be good enough to be the FIRST 67, but once one gets made, you might catch a break.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
    over all not to bad.

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • barberloverbarberlover Posts: 2,228 ✭✭
    Lucy its time to sing "the crack out song"

Les
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I'm sad about most of my results
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
    this 55d was yet another raw find... I had this one in a unopened roll of 55d's in my vault......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • PushkinPushkin Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭

Sorry, better luck next time. image

The PCGS gods were not very kind to me last week. image
  • Resubmit it, Lucy. You will get it the next time. We all believe in you. The rest of the submission is very nice even though you did not get what you wanted on the 55-D.image
  • melikecoinsmelikecoins Posts: 1,154 ✭✭
    Very good Lucy

Glen
    I don't buy slabs I make them
  • coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try again Lucy!!
  • Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭
    Sorry Lucy. But I have to say I admire your grading skills. You're a pro!
  • I know you're disappointed so I'll offer to take that loser 55-d off your hands for no charge. When I get it i'll stand it in the corner like bad coin and give it a pep talk and it'll shape up!!!
    Thanks for the kind words Cats...

I've got 4 or 5 other submissions in, anywhere from 5 -10 coins each.... And on every one there are coins with Ultra GEM potential.....

In fact, I am preparing another right now, and this one when it grades, should get the attention of the Merc Heads.......

My strategy has been small steady submissions, with big potential...........
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭
    So is the 55D MS67FB Rosy toned or white? That's still a nice coin to make!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
    I remember that one being a monster...

I rarely send in white Roosies.......

However, this submission has been away from home for awhile..... I'm not sure, but I think this 55d had some super color...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Ya see...THAT'S the very thing that irks me. I have seen lesser coins grade PCGS 67. In fact I am

looking at one right in front of me as I type. There is definitely something amiss here. If that coin is not

at LEAST a 66( it SHOULD be a 67) then man, I just don't understand this at all! What's with the

obvious bias here. I have a 55-D in 66 and Lucy's coin puts it to shame! Somebody needs to do some

explaining!image
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    Send it in for presidential review image
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Lucy, tell us more about that 55D Roosie image
    Do you have a picture?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

I'll image it when it comes back...

I'm not sure if your the source of this one...

I honestly don't remember....

I know that I have broken up some 55 mint sets and sent in some of those also......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Sorry, Lucy image
    But on the upside, no BBs. I hate BBs.

Craig
    The Rede we live by: If it harms none, do what you will.
  • Lucy, Tough Luck! image
    It would of gotten the 7 if it had some color, JMHO.
    Beauty of a 55D.

Dave
    Love those toned Washingtons
  • stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> know that I have broken up some 55 mint sets and sent in some of those also...... >>

Shame on you.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
    and I have plenty more in my vault......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • StratStrat Posts: 612 ✭✭✭
    Hey, look at it this way, in a 66 holder, that 55D is still a solid addition to a registry set...(SET REGISTRY QUALITY, OH MY!)

• Hepkitty---Too bad, sorry, and since my son and I just played on our Guitars, tears in heaven, I hoped that would help. Great song, bad timing, I really want people to reap rewards---Keep trying, and keep your chin up, I feel you will-----So persue that one of a kind coin and the LUCK OF THE IRISH BE WITH YOU TONIGHT!!!!!
    jp
    Its a foul ball by a fair margin.
    Oh I'm still very positive, I have just finished putting another submission together.......

that 55d, even in a six holder, may just be the nicest one out there.....

I am very proud of this coin........

Most people would love to make a ms66 55d, this is a tough tough coin, and I'm happy I made one....
    But as I said in my other thread prior to this coin grading, I had higher dreams... The coin is that nice....

I'll get em next time! image
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • ccexccex Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    Lucy,

Resubmit after someone else (DHRC?) makes the first 1955-D in a PCGS 67 slab.
    "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor
  • If that was my coin I would send it in at least 5 times. It's worth the risk.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file