Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1980 Henderson #482 PSA 8 - Can I get a bidder?

What happened to this card lately? I have a beautiful PSA 8 Henderson just back from grading, thought it was a lock 9...instead, it came back an 8. Still, with only a day left, no bids? This card was on fire over the last few months, now they seem to have slowed down.

Henderson - Bid On Me!

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I just bid on it i could use that card........i have the 80 set and would like an 8
    Good for you.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Hmmm, I have a PSA 9 for sale on eBay right now and it seems to be doing OK.

1980 Topps Henderson PSA 9 for sale on eBay

• Options
    for a card nobody wanted i was outbidded after 5 minutes !!!
    Good for you.
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    You missed the Frenzy over the card which started winding down towards the end of the year.The 9s were ending as high as 350 or more and the low was 300.8s were going for about 70-80.I caught the tail end where things were winding down.

It has since wound down but the 9s are still selling over 200 which is much better than in 2002 where you prayed to get them sold at 150 or bought at that.Boy,if anyone only knew back in 2002 to pick them up at 150 they could have doubled there money before last Christmas.

Oh nice cards guys.

Dan,the centering will sell that card at 200+ or better now.

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I know...I remember seeing those crazy prices last year (who's godswork on Ebay? He seemed to be single-handedly responsible for the frenzy). I see things have calmed down a bit, but I knew 8's were still getting $50-$60 or so. Thanks for the bid, WinPitcher...you definitely jump-started the auction! (I was starting to get a complex!)...
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    Hi Robert-
    I love the picture of Tanner that you have at the end of your posts! What a great movie.
    Jim
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    I'm still looking for a 50/50 7 or 8. This one looks just a touch over to the right... anyway we could get a closer scan?
  • Options
    Here it is - the scan is a bit crooked, which may affect how it looks. It may be a touch off to the right, but not by much...
  • Options
    50/50 is a mystery with this issue, as it's not always the factor that prevents the assigned grade.The centering (on both front and back) (Backs are another story) looks like there is plenty of room on that 8.Or should I say,within reason.There are some perfectly accurate, or close to 9s in 8 holders with the same going from 8 to 10.Overall,majority and variety of desirable grades appear fairly consistent.

And there are folks who go far beyond the stars when it comes to centering.It's a comfort to know there are some new builders of the 80 (from the 75 to 81 community) who could nail this set down 50/50 all around.Then upgrade to wherever else they can take it.When ya all figure the centering part out,let me know.image

I think I'm going to create a PSA 8 common contest out of this once I figure out whats here that's open game to pass onto some lucky person. image I think there are a couple 9s around here too.Hummm.... maybe a couple winners?The only rules that come to my mind is that you have to have an 80 set registered and be in some reasonable persuit to actually building it.Anybody out there capable of helping me design the rules to enter and win a couple free things for participating?

Everyone!

Thanks for making collecting fun for all of us on the board and beyond.

Al
    Tanner
    and....

• Options
    i will give it a snipe too...if im outbidded again i could use that card
    Good for you.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    RobE -- Thanks for the words of encouragement on the PSA 9 Henderson. I also like your new icon - but to me, it somehow seems more fitting for some other people I know. image
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    I see 'godswork' is still bidding on the henderson 9's (and some 8's too). Roughly 6-8 months ago, he and another bidder dueled for my 9, and at the final buzzer.....$455.00

Godswork lost, but he's won his share and he's surely spent a boatload of $$$$$ on 80 hendersons.

BOTR

edited: being curious, I took a look again at Godswork's recent purchases on ebay. Wow-o-wow, all this guy does is buy and buy and buy and buy high-end rickey cards. I took a look in the player registry but I don't think he's part of it. No doubt, this guy is the King-of-Rickey.

• Options
    Dan,BOTR is right the Henderson was out of control because of Gods work.However now it's hit or miss to make close to or break $300 now unless the occasional bidding war comes into play.If not you can usually count on GW to be at around $200 but it will probably be around $225ish.You should have noted the centering in the auction which is worth drawing attention to.

it appears that my old card is up for sale from the new owner too

And here is what it sold for

BOTR- it appears the Gods work has not stopped buying up all the Henderons he can though beyond 80 I noticed.He's probably Rickey Himself.

• Options
    Rob, I often thought the same thing...godswork = Rickey? He drove me nuts last year as I tried to track down a nice 9, finally found one before he did with a BIN of $175.00, and nabbed it!
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    bah...spend it on mantles or heritage!!!
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Wow, $455. The 10 of them that I had from my vending case sold in the $150 range. Ouch. I wish that I knew they were going to rebound. Nothing like throwing away a couple thousand dollars.
  • Options
    Yep you threw away an average of 1500 for every 3 k and I felt your pain!

It probably would have been higher(The auction I think you are speaking of) when trying to bid on a lot of like 6 you had up once in a lot but the computer crashed.Only reason for me to do such a thing was to find another Henderson with close to or 50/50 centering without a zero at the begining of the cert#.(At the time I thought there was something wrong with Zeros) After nabbing a few more Hendersons I realized that every one was no better than my 9 with the big zero and the Zero card had the best centering out of all the extras I bought.From the 482 Experience with the Zero Cert theory I conclude that it's partly flawed.
  • Options
    Ctsox,I think at this point it doesn't matter what your Henderson sells for after looking at the action on your Ryan 580.

That's the 3rd highest price I've ever seen!

• Options
    Rob, that really took me by surprise...I pulled that card right from a vending box (mint as can be!) and submitted it with a hope (longshot, I know) of a 10. It is a beautiful 9, without a doubt, and will make the buyer very happy.