Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

AA Weinman medals....mintages?

Yes, this is exonumia, slightly OT, but hopefully someone out there can point me in the right direction easily enough.

1904 Lousiana Purchase Exposition/ Universal Exposition / St. Louis World's Fair:
AA Weinman designed beautiful award medals that were made by the U.S. Mint. There were different shapes for Grand Prize, Gold, Silver, and Bronze awards, with the same cool central design. All I've discovered so far is that there were some 33,000+ medals awarded.

Does anyone know (or can point me to the right book) how many the Mint produced of each type?

Many thanks for your help!
"A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes"--Hugh Downs

Comments

• Options
    Can't help ya with the numbers, but those are probably my favorite medals.
    Collector of Fractional Gold; gold tokens from Canada, California, Alaska & other states; gold so-called dollars, and other oddball stuff.
  • Options
    boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about the mintages but I do have one of the medalsimage
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies anyway, especially the picture.
    That is one amazing medal!
    "A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes"--Hugh Downs
  • Options
    ttt
    last try .....any medal gurus out there?
  • Options
    That is one beautiful medal boiler image
  • Options
    VeepVeep Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow! I've never seen one of those. They're beautiful! I hate to cheapen the subject but...what should I be prepared to pay if I find one?
    "Let me tell ya Bud, you can buy junk anytime!"
  • Options
    boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am embarrassed to say I don't remember but I think it was aroun 250 dollars.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file