Home PSA Set Registry Forum

3rd Annual National Dinner

Well its about time to start getting the ball rolling for a get together at the National. The past 2 years we have had a great time. I'll start searching for a suitable location and post it later this week. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

Comments

• BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Bob,

It is really rough to find something "nice" around the IX Center/ Airport area. The area is light industrial. I'm not sure what type of place you guys are looking for...but there is a Dave & Busters about 15-20 minutes away. I'm more of an east-sider and do not know many places on the West Side.

Downtown in the Warehouse District has nice upscale restaurants if that is what you are looking for.
  • dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Bob,

Thanks again for taking the initative on this. Let's also keep the tradition of making it Thursday night if possible. I have to leave Friday afternoon.

• KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    gaspipe26...

Glad to hear you're taking the lead on the summit dinner. I was reading Dude's post and I thought the dinner was on Friday night...Could be a problem for me. I have a group of 20 guys going to the Indians game on Thursday night. Man...I don't want to miss the dinner either...Had a blast last year with all the guys....

BTW...I'll have a rent a car for guys to pile in.......Ya' know..Like the old school days...5 guys to a seat, and a few in the trunk...LOL...

LMK

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    I lived 5 minutes from the IX center for 18 years, so just let me know what type of place you're looking for image. I'll be there this year too, and I'm looking forward to meeting you guys. Basilone is right that there is nothing right around the IX center, so we'll have to go to North Olmsted or Westlake or Middleburg to find a decent restaurant. How about a steak house? I know a good place about 15 minutes away, not too expensive.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Joe,

Thats cool you know the area....what is the name of the steakhouse?
  • gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Joe,
    A steakhouse would be great. Please email me the name and location. Thanks

rjc012661@aol.com
  • I believe there is a Morton's of Chicago downtown in Tower City next to the Ritz...
  • Bob,

Count me in again, for whatever night it is. I had such a great time that I will plan my trip around it. Thanks for taking up the task.

Rob
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

The place is called Dillon's, and it's just off of Brookpark in North Olmsted. It's about 5 miles from the IX Center and airport, and you don't even have to get on the highway to get there image. I'm sure they're closed for the night but I'll call tomorrow and ask about group reservations and private rooms.

Morton's is awesome, but it's farther away and more expensive. I'll be happy either way image.

Joe
    Well, crap. I called today and Dillon's has closed its doors since I moved away. Shall I look for another place?

Joe
  • Don't know what kinda quality place you're looking for but I've been to the IX twice for a different type of money spending event <G> and there's a Damon's not too far to the South. The 2 times I was there they
    had booths seating 5 or 6 people with an ongoing booth vs booth trivia game that was a BLAST.
    Last time there was 2000 though FWIW

Here you go: the address: not too far from a bunch of the motels in the near suburbs

17887 Bagley Rd, Middleburg Heights - (440) 239-7427

ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff

• << <i>Bob,

Thanks again for taking the initative on this. Let's also keep the tradition of making it Thursday night if possible. I have to leave Friday afternoon. >>

DM, did you get accommodations already? LMK~

Larry, shall I bring my TWISTER board?

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Marz -- I haven't made reservations yet. My wife is coming with me this time.
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Any update on the dinner?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Is everyone welcome to attend this dinner? I just started a new job but am trying to take some time off work to go to the National this year. Will be nice to finally meet some of the forum members that I have been chatting with for the last few years.
    Damon's sounds good. The more the merrier, I say!

Joe
  • Koby,

You're definitely invited. Just email me the initiation fee of $49.99 and we'll get the invitation right out to you.image

Just kidding, but hope you can make it.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I will be out Thursday evening - any chance the dinner would be that Thursday?

More importantly, will "koby's" true identity be revealed? image
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • TipemTipem Posts: 881

gaspipe,

I would like to attend also but will probably be going to the game with the king (if he has any tickets left). I am trying to finalize my plans now and then will see if there are any tickets left. Any chance that the dinner will be on Friday ?

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to find a place. The dinner will be on Thursday evening. I'll start taking a count as soon as I have a place set.
  • ranchranch Posts: 341

<< <i>Is everyone welcome to attend this dinner? I just started a new job but am trying to take some time off work to go to the National this year. Will be nice to finally meet some of the forum members that I have been chatting with for the last few years. >>

A new job? You work? How's that possible? I mean you post 24/7/365 attacking other people behind your anonymous posting ID.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    not worth replying
    Good for you.
  • TipemTipem Posts: 881

WinPitcher,

I agree !!!!!!

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.