Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Registry pictures?

the pictures do it for me. i can't stand looking at numbers so here is my question do you guys enjoy the apostle picture style(my favorite) or the virtualizard picture style(also enjoy this one) or just the simple picture?or do you just like looking at numbers?

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

Comments

• EOMINTEOMINT Posts: 349
    I love that 71 Reggie...if anyone has a it in a 9 I'm your buyer, shoot me an email!!!

EO
  • StumpStump Posts: 927
    I like the Reggie style the best, But I am not a big back of the card guy.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I'd have to go with the Virtualizard style. I never thought about it before, but I guess I prefer to see the flip and the back helps, too. Especially for sets I don't have. I only have 1 set where I display pictures, but I never thought to put the backs on there. Double the work, but it's probably worth it. The more information the better.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Jackstraw,

Thanks for choosing one of my older, lousy scans. image

I have updated my scanning and editing techniques several times over the years. I provide a scan of the front and back because I believe there are a lot of people that look through registered sets that have never seen the cards before (I know that I do). Here's a better, more recent example (if you weren't familiar with the set, how would you know the back of the card is green without this scan?):

Ya'll thought it was going to be a Stargell card, didn't you? image

JEB.
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    sorry jeb i am trapped in the 70's? if i was to bet i would have said pops or carew.
    Collector Focus

<< <i>sorry jeb i am trapped in the 70's? if i was to bet i would have said pops or carew. >>

Yeah, I like to mix it up a bit now and then. image

How about one from another of my favorite sets that I'm collecting:

JEB.
    ok send all your cards to jeb and he will scan and post pictures for a small feeimagebulk discounts available!

Collector Focus

<< <i>ok send all your cards to jeb and he will scan and post pictures for a small feeimagebulk discounts available! >>

Seriously, I'd be happy to do that for anyone that is interested. I can also provide a CD with all of the images stored on it. This might not be a bad idea for insurance purposes.

JEB.
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    For any potentially high-dollar cards, I would suggest "whiting out" the PSA Serial Registration number. It helps avoid future problems down the road if unscrupulous people try to ebay your card, showing the scan with serial numbers...

I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
    Marc,

I actually don't mind leaving the cert # visible. If anyone attempts to run an ebay scam with one of my cards, I will catch it within 24 hours of the auction being listed. I actually hope someone does try to do it - they'll be sorry they did!

JEB.
    i hope that marshall fogal takes you up on that offer! and
    please dont use this card as your cover page to your new businessimagewhat happend?

Collector Focus

<< <i>i hope that marshall fogal takes you up on that offer! and
    please dont use this card as your cover page to your new businessimagewhat happend? >>

HaHa!!! I forgot about that card. That is the only slab that I have ever received damaged in the mail. I meant to send that in for reholdering and completely forgot about it (the card isn't damaged at all). I'll send it with my next submission. See, my scans even helped me! I don't know how long it would have been before I remembered that card. Thanks.

JEB.
  • Although I only show the front of my cards, I have to admit it. I like to look at both sides of the cards. It just seems to overwhelming to scan them all over again, twice. JEB does a great job with scanning ALL of his cards. Someday I should do the same.

Bottom line…… any image is better than no image.

ChrisKK

<< <i>...Bottom line…… any image is better than no image. >>

Chris,

I agree completely! I love to look at scans of cards on the registry. I don't expect everyone to put forth the effort that I do, but I do believe the set registry should be about more than just the numbers. When I look at a set that I'm not familiar with, I scroll down the list on the registry to find a set that has scans. Often there are several complete sets with a GPA of well over 8.00, but I end up looking at the 47% complete set with a GPA of 7.67 because it has scans.

Please scan your cards. I'll even do it for you (as mentioned earlier). image

JEB.
  • magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    I really enjoy seeing the scans in the registry , having said that I have no scans on my 2 meager little sets yet but should be getting a new scanner sometime in the next month so will remedy that situation.

Jeb, LOVE that 63 Fleer Yaz ! He's my favorite Bosox player , for some reason my favorite all time player is Brett though, at least George's brother played for the Sox.

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?

<< <i>I really enjoy seeing the scans in the registry , having said that I have no scans on my 2 meager little sets yet but should be getting a new scanner sometime in the next month so will remedy that situation.

Jeb, LOVE that 63 Fleer Yaz ! He's my favorite Bosox player , for some reason my favorite all time player is Brett though, at least George's brother played for the Sox.

Dave >>

Dave,

Cool! I covered both of your favorites in one thread (that's my '75 Topps Brett that jackstraw posted a scan of). It's great to hear positive feedback about taking the effort to post the scans. It really makes it worthwhile when I know that others are looking at the scans.

Thanks.

JEB.
  • marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree wholeheartedly that scans add a great deal of viewing pleasure to any registry set. I look at other sets when they have scans just to enjoy the cards. I hope more people add scans in the future. I definitely plan to add more scans to my sets.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Whew, I've just been toiling away for hours on prototype scans and think I'm going to make the big switch to cards-only images. I'm not worried about image theft or security, just diggin' the clarity of the image and text...

Fortunately, I'm off for the next two weeks, and I only have about 160 or so cards to do. I'm sure it'll still take forever, but I can't even imagine doing this with a '70s baseball set. Some of us are truly sick.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Hmmm. That '71 Topps Reggie Jackson looks very familiar....image
    yawie i love that style of picture
    Collector Focus

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Yes, scans, scans, scans, love them. It's what it's all about.
    No set should be alllowed to win any award without providing scans.

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else had trouble with their scans disappearing? I uploaded scans of most of my 1960 Fleer football cards, but the pics are all gone now. The little camera icons are all that remain.

Mike

• MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    I loaded some pictures on these boards that turned into little red x's. I know they got posted because murcerfan posted an acknowledgement of them, but then they disappeared. He tried to do something, but couldn't figure it out. I know, however, that the pictures I posted were not .jpg files; they came straight from my documents file and I think they had not been published to the web PRIOR to posting - I'm still confused; I'm seeking help, aspirin, a little bed rest....

(editimage I just re-read your post and realize you're talking about the camera icon remaining and the pictures going poof! Gotta go now, and check MY registry set pics...
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Yes, scans, scans, scans, love them. It's what it's all about.
    No set should be alllowed to win any award without providing scans.

AMEN TO THAT!

Yawie's duel scan is far out! It looks like a double holder.
    Thanks, Mr. Straw, I'm really liking the look of this style too now. The detail of the card is so much better, especially on smaller cards where so much of my old scans was just plastic. I've just started redoing my '53 scans, which is a little trickier because the cards are bigger. I thought I had nearly perfect settings, but then I'll get a card that winds up at like 101K or an image that is listed at less than 100 in my folder but that still gets rejected by the Registry image host. Oh well, 7 down, 92 to go on that set.

yawie i really like that style and props to downgoesfrazier for coming up with the idea! i don't know how you do that with the back making it look like one slab but it works for me!
    Collector Focus

I do it simply by cutting and pasting images together. I scan the front and then crop it with a large enough place to the right of the card for the reverse. I then cut the scan of the reverse and paste it into the spot I have for it on the front scan. It's pretty easy to line things up that way. You can also use stitching software, but I've never found one that I really liked.
  • JEB wrote:

I have updated my scanning and editing techniques several times over the years

Any chance you'd like to share some of the secrets you've learned? I'd be interested in a brief description of how you create your scans - and how you combine the front and back into one image?

Thanks

• Only taken me 2+ years to add a picture to my sig. line...
    Maybe by 05-06 I'll have the 9's in my 61 set scanned!

JEB, I'll be a calling again soon.

mx'er

Brian
  • JonBJonB Posts: 495
    While I don't have any pictures up... yet... I love seeing the front and back, esp if I am not familiar with the set.

There have actually been several times were I passed up bidding on an auction because it was a fake of a rare card... figured out it was a fake by looking at a pic of a real one from the registry
  • magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Glad you dug this thread up Brian........since last posting here in March, I've posted scans for all my '65's , quite a few of my 69's , a few of my 77's and all of my Yaz's. Like many people stated earlier , I much prefer sets with scans.

Dave

PS package went in the mail today Brian
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?