Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

$10,000 reward for 1969 Kennedy in PCGS 70DCAM!!!

That's right! I need only the 1969 Kennedy half dollar in PCGS PR70 DCAM to complete my "perfect" PCGS registry set. In order to do so, I am willing to pay the first person $10,000 that sells me this coin. The current POP for this coin is 1. If you are the owner and want to sell please contact me and we shall complete this deal immediately.
However, if you have a very nice 69DCAM and send it to PCGS and it gets upgraded to a 70DCAM, then you shall get the reward. Even if you have a very heavily deep cameo coin, you might still be able to get it upgraded. Even if the coin you have has a spot or so, just send it in to NGC's "conservation" service, allow them to "conserve" the coin and submit it to PCGS. You might just have that "perfect" coin!
Anything goes in the hunt, just like the old time movie-It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world! (Funny movie but that was just a movie, now it's for real) Let the treasure hunt begin and let the chips fall where they may. Doesn't matter if the POPs go to 2 or 3.

Thanks,

Edson

Comments

• pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    oh mitchell...........................

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    sybil................anyone?

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Edson,

If I ever make a 1969 in 70DCAM I'm keeping it for my own stash. I'll let you look at a picture of it, though. image

Russ, NCNE
  • WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    Way to put the chips on the table. Good Luck!
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Egsantos, That is a very generous offer, but I have a question for you. What will you do if you aquire this coin and the pop for the 2001-S goes to a pop 1 in PF70DCAM? There is about a 99.99% chance that this will indeed go to a 70 since there are few proof dates of any denoms to stay at 69 from about 1990 to date...will you then offer 10K for this?

Just wondering...

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭
    There is a huge difference between a 1969 and a 2001. About 30 years difference and much different standards in manufacture and states of preservation, etc. I don't think it would be anywhere near a $10,000 coin for a 2001, but, I do think there will be a few made in time. The 1969 is a MUCH tougher coin to "make" in 70DCAM and am a little suprised there is even 1 coin. I think it's a great offer and wish Edson a LOT of luck. Let the "hunt" begin!!!!image
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• RonManRonMan Posts: 449
    Edson,

I noticed after your last upgrade that there was only this single coin left for a "perfect set". You must dream about that coin at night.

I'll check but I don't think I have it....image

I'm curious how many times you have tried to make it yourself, if you have?

GREAT set and good luck in your quest for perfection.

Ron
  • merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    I can honestly say it makes me want to try and make one !!!
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
    Raycyca, I understand that there is a difference in the 1969 vs. 2001 years of course, but I would have to say that if I was to make a 2001-S PR70DCAM and he needed it to make his "perfect" set then there would be a great deal of business to discuss. Obviously he wants perfection and I don't blame him at all. He has one FINE set.

Whoever makes another top-pop coin for his set that he doesn't have will only look at $$$.

I see the point in having a closed set sometimes.

Best of luck egsantos!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Paul,

I already had 3 pop1 that increase the population after I bought it. (2002 Silver, 2003 Clad and Silver)
    In that moment I was sure that will be appear more coins.
    If a 2001 be made, probably will be by a dealer and I have a good chance to buy it.
    In the case of 1969 was 30 years that one single coin was not graded as 70.
    Ray explained perfectly the big difference in the prodution methods and quality control.
    By the way, I'm buyer for the 2001 also when it be made. In this case price is subject to negotiation. image

Ron,
    You a right. I had some dreams about. I tried few times, 10 to be precise, buying PR69DCAM and trying the upgrade. I stoped because the grading process is complicate to me since I live in Brasil, and my skills to identify a real PQ coin is so limited.

Russ,
    You will do that? Mercy please....

Edson
    Egsantos, I have been attempting to assemble a 1968-date proof set in this registry and I am going about it very slowly. But, in the time that I search for coins and submit them I do indeed see a vast diffence in the minting standards from 1968/69- 2001/02/03.

IMHO, $10,000 may not be enough for a pop 1 or 2 coin from 1969 in a 70.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭✭
    Edson, I wish you well on your hunt. I can't imagine that coin has changed hands that often. Some of the major dealers may be able to tell you if they ever handled it or knows who may have it. Try Rick at ricoins.com or Todd at cameocc.com for starters.

Joe
    The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
    Paul, please forgive me if I sounded like I was badgering. I agree, WHEN a 2001 is made in 70, it will sell for thousands. I just don't think it's anywhere as nice, special, or as desirable as the early proof coins. When I was younger I collected bust halves. NOw, I'm interested in Kennedys since I was unable/unwilling to complete my set when I was oyunger. I'm sure Edson will offfer a very fair price to the "maker" of the 2001 like he has on all the other coins in his set. Now they sand blast the dies but in the early days, they used a 95% alcohol and 5% nitric acid mix to clean the dies and only the first few that came off the dies had that DCAM quality. I have 68, 69, and 70 proof sets that I've collected just because the Kennedy coins will grade as 69DCAM at PCGS. I choose not to break up the sets because of how beautiful they look together. I wish Edson good luck and I know eventually he WILL succeed in his quest for that "perfect" set. That's because coin collectors as a whole help each other like a brotherhood. That's why I love this hobby. My wife thinks coins are boring and they all look alike(Kennedys) so she thinks it's stupid to pay more than face value let alone above $100 for one. I just don't say exactly what I spend and buy/sell/swap to upgrade my sets. She does like the rainbow Binion Morgans I have, especially the one that matches the color of her car! When I was nearing the end of completeing my Kennedy sets, I closed it to viewing because I was getting offers at more than double and triple the recent going rate for those coins I still needed. Some dealers with integrity, like Mitch, might E-mail and offer to help if I needed it but not actually offer coins unless I asked.

• Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    Is there one hidden beneath a large "W?"
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
    Raycyca,

In no way should you have to apologize (But I Thankyou) for having a GREAT debate over Kennedy's or any other coin for that matter. Thats what I love about this board, is that you get to have quality conversations about coins that your wife/girl friend can't and never will have with you about your wonderful collections that they think are worthless and stupid. I sometimes wonder what goes on in my girlfriend's head. She watches to much TV and has no hobby's!

When I go to coin shows, (Which is seldom) I search all denoms. for raw 1968-1975 DCAM Proofs because they are SOOOOO difficult.

Mitch has been nothing BUT one of the good guys!
    More sucking up Mitch!!!
    imageimage

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Edson good luck with the hunt that is a great set.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm .... I wonder what Marty's now looking for ....
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Gawd! I wish I had the $$$ to do this with Roosie's!!!! WTG! (way to go, for you old farts). I'm sure your coin will turn up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You da man!

<< <i>That's right! I need only the 1969 Kennedy half dollar in PCGS PR70 DCAM to complete my "perfect" PCGS registry set. In order to do so, I am willing to pay the first person $10,000 that sells me this coin. The current POP for this coin is 1. If you are the owner and want to sell please contact me and we shall complete this deal immediately.
    However, if you have a very nice 69DCAM and send it to PCGS and it gets upgraded to a 70DCAM, then you shall get the reward. Even if you have a very heavily deep cameo coin, you might still be able to get it upgraded. Even if the coin you have has a spot or so, just send it in to NGC's "conservation" service, allow them to "conserve" the coin and submit it to PCGS. You might just have that "perfect" coin!
    Anything goes in the hunt, just like the old time movie-It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world! (Funny movie but that was just a movie, now it's for real) Let the treasure hunt begin and let the chips fall where they may. Doesn't matter if the POPs go to 2 or 3.

Thanks,

Edson

image >>

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edson: I got in today a 1969(s) Kennedy Half Dollar grading PCGS-PR69DCAM which is the DEEPEST, MEGA-MONSTER DEEP CAMEO I believe I have ever encountered for this date in the near perfect PR69DCAM grade. As some might say, DCAM++. I have little doubt the coin could "upgrade" (albeit in the same paper grade) the current PR69DCAM in your set. Side by side against the pop 1 PR70DCAM, that 70DCAM better be MONSTER DEEP CAMEO AS WELL, as this PR69DCAM coin will "knock your socks off". PM me if you are interested in this kind of "lateral upgrade" for your collection. And, I am having lunch with Coingame2000 tomorrow - I'll bring it to lunch and get " a second opinion" for you image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
    TTT

• Tks Ray,
    Next Saturday is my birthday.
    EBL III should call and give me this gift image

Edson
    Are you listening EBL III? Please don't spoil Edson's birthday. After all, he's been REAL good this year. image