Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Am I Crazy or what?

Deciding to clean up the kitchen a bit, I take a dirty dish and begin to put it into the dishwasher. Then I realize that I think the dishes in the dishwasher are clean. But I'm not sure, so I take a plate out of the dishwasher, take it over to a good light, hold it in both hands and turn it every which way. Not realizing my wife came in and was standing behind me, I say loudly "Boy, what great luster." Turning it some more I say "And there are absolutely no luster breaks. This dish sure is clean." I turn and see my wife walking away with that disgusted look on her face that says "I thought he was crazy but this confirms it." Oh, well, perhaps she is correct. Anybody who looks for luster and luster breaks on dishes is either crazy or has looked at too many Walkers. Or, in my case, maybe both.

Steve
Impalasteve's Walker short set, #2 current;#2 all-time

Comments

• Options
    Steve,
    You are not alone!!!
    Try it with potsimage
    Building 33-47 Mint Sets always looking for MS67s PM with any coins you might have for sale.

Mike
    idocoins
  • Options
    Ha!

J.Kriek
    Morgan Dollar Aficionado & Vammer
    Current Set: Morgan Hit List 40 VAM Set
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The closest I've come to that was looking for scratches on used phonograph records. (Boy, am I getting old!)image

You'd better stick to looking at coins. You don't want to give your wife grounds for having you commited; she might sell your Walkers.

BTW, nice set!

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Are you sure it was luster and not brilliance? These could be proof plates, not business strikes.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    {i]"Am I Crazy or what?"

I thought that this forum was for "discussions about PCGS registry sets - building them, buying them, selling them, collecting them."

What the heck does a dish have to do with these?!?image

Where's CammietheOTsheriff? image

Edit to add: I guess it's okay since it wasn't offered for sale! imageimage
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    "I thought that this forum was for "discussions about PCGS registry sets - building them, buying them, selling them, collecting them."

What the heck does a dish have to do with these?!?"

I just thought it was kind of funny and that if anyone on this Board could relate to my sick sense of humor, they might get a laugh out of it. But, you are correct; this has nothing to do with registry sets and shouldnt have been sent out. END OF THREAD!!!!

Steve
    Impalasteve's Walker short set, current #2, all-time #3

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to do this a lot when I was more active with my drums. Those Zildjian cymbals have a great luster when new and it's wonderful to look at them....or any other high quality cymbal. The metal flow is amazing. Like looking at a 100x blow up of a $20 LIb!

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    My young daughter was commenting on my eye color. So I looked in the mirror and wanted to see them from every angle. She said I looked as if I was examining a coin. So I guess you are not alone. As to things in the kitchen I have some silver plated forks that must have gotten in the flame of the stove as they are toned (yup, AT).
  • Options
    WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a wonderfully toned frying pan as well!!!
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website