Home U.S. Coin Forum

just saw the Redbook Guide to Morgan Dollars!

nice book! I'm not too much into Morgans but I'm wondering if forum members have read any others in the serious. The type collector I am, I'm wondering in particular about the type book and if you could recommend.
USPI minimalist design collage
designset
Treasury Seals Type Set

Comments

• LAWMANLAWMAN Posts: 1,274 ✭✭
    It's realy well done. Hats off again to QDB!
    DSW
  • I should be ordering this myself very soon.
    J.Kriek
    Morgan Dollar Aficionado & Vammer
    Current Set: Morgan Hit List 40 VAM Set
  • jasbucksjasbucks Posts: 127 ✭✭
    Just got one a couple weeks ago. Limited time to read but I've learned alot so far! I figured I'd read a bit before I bought some & it's hard holdin back!!!
    Jack
  • FragmentumFragmentum Posts: 174 ✭✭
    Great book!
    Probably the best information and historical reference of the Morgan series I've read in years!
    You will enjoy it, I'm sure.

Collecting ASE's, Disney Dollars, high end for type set and other shiny objects with crayola colors...
  • On eBay for $9.99 (starting bid), might get lucky image
    J.Kriek
  • greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    I really, REALLY like his little section called "Meanwhile, on the American scene" that he includes for each year of the Morgan series. In that section, he discusses for a page or so, other important historical events that occurred or were occurring. It's the first time I've ever seen that done so well in a coin reference book and I thought it added a LOT to the finished product. Extremely well written. If it is possible...Mr. Bowers is becomming even a more accomplished writer as time goes on. I think it will immediately become a staple to any Morgan collectors library....and I ponied up full retail price at my local Barnes & Noble.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• I just got mine in the mail today, excellent, invaluable resource!

Note, I did manage to buy this book for $9.99 ($4.50 SH) on eBay.
    J.Kriek

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file