Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Post your Edward VI Coins Here!

I don't have any but he's one of my favorite Kings for several reasons, and I think the base shillings are some of the more beautiful British coins, when you can find them in nice condition.

Comments

• Options
    Anyone have any?
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Someone else here got mine!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    What did you have?
  • Options
    The Fine Issue Shilling.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,808 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two shillings but I have not mastered technology nor have I photographed either coin so they could be posted....

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

<< <i>I have two shillings but I have not mastered technology nor have I photographed either coin so they could be posted.... >>

Base or fine issue?
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    I got no Eddie sixes but plenty of Eddie sevens.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options

<< <i>I got no Eddie sixes but plenty of Eddie sevens. >>

Different sort of chap really, you'll never see an Edward VI cigar!

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 crowns (1551 and 1552), 3 second period shillings and one fine silver issue shilling.
    Except for the last, nicely designed coins. Don't like that 3/4 face, somewhat doubled, with a creased planchet. No photos, though. Don't have decent digital equipment.

Why would you like this little creep? Mark Twain to the contrary, if he had survived, indications are that he would have been a bloodthirsty religious zealot, like his sister Mary.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I took so long. This Edward VI shilling was hammered by a TPG as VG10.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other side

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>Why would you like this little creep? Mark Twain to the contrary, if he had survived, indications are that he would have been a bloodthirsty religious zealot, like his sister Mary. >>

Wow! No political commentary there! Maybe you're right, when deciding weighty world issues, you should always consult Mark Twain.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually take the Mark Twain outlook on weighty world issues, though the connection between Mark Twain and Eddie the Sixth eludes me.

Never had one of his coins. (Eddie the Sixth, that is. Or Mark Twain either, now that I think of it.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>the connection between Mark Twain and Eddie the Sixth eludes me.

>>

Never the twain shall meet.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,224 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Cute kid. The outfit reminds me of the Ralphie outfit from a Christmas Story! image
  • Options
    Mark Twain's The Prince and the Pauper! The aforementioned prince was none other than a highly romanticized Edward VI.

DPOTD
  • Options

<< <i>Mark Twain's The Prince and the Pauper! The aforementioned prince was none other than a highly romanticized Edward VI. >>

Right, I guess that means you get your opinions about Medieval England from "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court".
  • Options
    You are misreading me. The point I was trying to make is that people seem to base their opinion about the boy king on Mark Twain's work. Therein, he comes off, at the end, as being a fine young man. In some ways, he may have been. However, one reality about him, from what his contemporaries wrote, was that he thoroughly indoctrinated in the Church of England, and it is quite likely that if he had survived his adolescence, he would have been known as Bloody Eddie, or something like that.
    His early death was a blessing for England, in a way, in that it indirectly led to Elizabeth taking the throne.

DPOTD
  • Options

<< <i>You are misreading me. The point I was trying to make is that people seem to base their opinion about the boy king on Mark Twain's work. Therein, he comes off, at the end, as being a fine young man. In some ways, he may have been. However, one reality about him, from what his contemporaries wrote, was that he thoroughly indoctrinated in the Church of England, and it is quite likely that if he had survived his adolescence, he would have been known as Bloody Eddie, or something like that.
    His early death was a blessing for England, in a way, in that it indirectly led to Elizabeth taking the throne. >>

You need to read more about him then. Edward was a Calvinist and ushered in the reformation, not Elizabeth. Elizabeth was indifferent at best toward protestants and did a little persecuting of her own, not Edward.