Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Tranquility base here....The Eagles have landed!

Many of you know that I am a strong buyer of both the proof and bullion SAE. Unfortunatly, the 1995 W Eagle is well, outrageously priced! So I had pretty much relegated myself to a one day approach. Well that one day came much faster than I though and yesterday I received the package that contained the Piere De Resistance The 1995 W PR SAE. The GAEs are there too along with the all the original packaging. Even the lettering on the outside box, which has a tendancy to "bleed", is strong and as intended. The coins are all nice CAMs probably DCAM and possibly 70 grades. But I don't ususally do the grade thing as I can not visually detect a 69 from a 70. The frost on the devices is really thick and complete with no perceptible breaks I can find with 5x. This is the pinnacle of my collecting focus.

All of this was made possible by Michael Dixon. He found the set and made a good price point. I found the experience with him to be beyond my expectations. His skill in identifing the quality of the coins and the packaging were dead nuts on!

I recommend his services and publicly thank him for his efforts and attention to detail.

Thanks Mike!

I will try and get some pics up soon.
I am just throwing cheese to the rats chewing on the chains of my sanity!

First Place Winner of the 2005 Rampage design contest!

Comments

• Options
    EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭
    Congrats. Looking forward to seeing them.

Ken
    my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad that set found a good home! It is the nicest 95 set I've sold!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    Congrats, I'm jealous. having just built our Mt cabin it may be years before I get my set...image
  • Options
    EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭
    I'd rather have the cabin. image

Ken
    my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • Options
    meos1meos1 Posts: 1,135
    I shocked at EvilMCTs response. I thought he was a stronger buyer of PR SAEs than I!

TTT for morning crowd.

Dan

• Options
    meos1meos1 Posts: 1,135
    TTT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file