Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eTopps introduces Free Card Trading - No eBay

Just another platform enhancement for eTopps fans. No longer must you trade your cards with .01 cent auctions on eBay with other users - now you can instantly trade cards on the eTopps Trading Post - free of charge right now. This new enhancement for eTopps eliminates those hews and cries about the costs of the program and trading cards - even though those costs were identical to existing trading cards. Now they are free image
eTopps - Super Premium - No Need to Grade - Awesome Cards

Comments

• Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    While I still think eTopps is a waste of time, effort, and $, I think that them starting up a trade board for their "cards" is a great idea. I'll be curious to see what kind of impact this has on the eTopps card volume out on eBay.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    The nice thing is free trading allows the lower priced cards to be transferred inside port without the listing and paypal fee's. There are 1.50 cards in the market place and a .30 listing fee makes it so you need to sell 5 to come out. With the trading floor you can build up to 5 easily.
  • Options
    Free trading will be a real boost for eTopps (as long as its free).
    I read a lot of complaints about eTopps which I consider legit,
    but I've always liked the idea of buying and selling without the
    hassles of mailing cards. The new trading platform is kind of addictive.
    Good way for eTopps to hold on to collectors.

CampU2 Online Price Guides
  • Options
    Its not without its faults, but its free and easy. Plus if you look at what the guys at cardtarget.com have already implemented for their premium members its really cool - its easy to search and see whats being offered and for what cards.

I suspect etopps will keep this free for some time - its a great advantage in the lower priced cards. There are some idiots manipulating the value of some cards but its pretty easy to spot and most are informed enough to stay away. This can happen on ebay with any card.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    don't forget that your free card won't be printed until AFTER the baseball season so you will be
    able to hold your free card sometime in November! HOOORAAAYYYYY

LOL
    JS
  • Options
    That complaint is made by some, but its a fruitless complaint when you consider only 2 to 3% of all etopps cards are taken in hand. 97% remain in portfolio held by etopps and managed online in your portfolio. The benefits of keeping them in portfolio are real - value is one of the biggest reasons:

1) Professional storage,
    2) Easy management and now free trading,
    3) Direct access to the ebay market place,
    4) Now comes a fantasy sports element - due out next week,
    5) In hand cards have less value in then in port - in part due to the reasons above,
    6) Cards in port are still considered "uncirculated" which is an above average "grade"
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    2-3%??? where did you get that number??? That isn't what the in hand site says. You don't think
    people in New York would be jumping to get this card delivered to their house next week?? You
    think only 2-3% of them are interested in owning the actual card?

LMAO...you really need to get with the program. If you want to isolate yourself then great, but leave
    here and don't put advertisment into packs, but if you want to attract newbies who collected
    cardboard before then you are going to have to think before you do something stupid like this. Topps
    is going to have HUGE problems because they are NOT disclosing this in the terms once you order
    cards. If there is no note when you order cards (which there isn't), then people are expecting the
    card to be deliverable NEXT WEEK! Do you see the problem here?

If you think only 2-3% of people are interested in actually owning these cards then you need to
    check your facts again!

JS
  • Options
    Gee Kevin there you go again...spouting off with no facts what so ever...do you really think everyone in card collecting is just like you? Here are some real numbers for you.

2002 Clinton Portis Rookie Card - ony 60 reported in hand out of 6000 - that is 1% and its been out 15 months;
    http://www.cardtarget.com/cgi-bin/card_details.cgi?card_id=492

2003 Clinton Portis year 2 card - only 5 reported i hand out of 1,495 - less then 1%
    http://www.cardtarget.com/cgi-bin/card_details.cgi?card_id=924

The card with the highest percentage in hand is Edgar Martinez, 12.85%
    http://www.cardtarget.com/cgi-bin/card_details.cgi?card_id=779

And in total just over 16,000 cards are voluntarily reported in hand - out of more then 2.1 million cards - less the 1%

What you fail to grasp is owning it in portfolio is better then owning it in hand...perhaps why you left before the prices went up and everyone else but you profited so well in early 2002.