Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

AAARRRRGH! . . .

ajaanajaan Posts: 17,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
I got a dreaded pink slip today, that is, the slip from the Post Office telling me I wasn't home to sign for a Registered package. I can't pick it up until 8:30 tomorrow morning but I have to be at school until 8:00 PM tomorrow. I hate when this happens.image

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I got one of those, it only said insured, but it was actually registered. The guy at the post office took over 10 minutes to find it, and then cursed-out my letter carrier for incorrectly filling out the slip.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    I hate those things! I'm thinking of getting a post office box just because of them. Well, not entirely. I have a postal carrier who seems to delight in stuffing as much mail as possible into my box at home. I've yet to have any coins or medals damaged but last week a letter was so trashed that the coin had fallen into the bottom of the box. I probably shouldn't have complained... image
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    You get pink ones? Mine are green. In fact I just got back from turning my green one in for a box of coinsimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    I took a chance and went to the Post Office about 10 minutes before closing. My PO is only 2 minutes awy. The package was there. image Just a bunch of slabbed coins from NGC so I won't bore you with the details.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Bore us Don!! image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed to bore everyone...image

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I am the king of boring posts, you are a neophyte!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    My mailman is a real lazy a$$. I suspected that he wasn't even bothering to actually carry the registered packages around, and was just putting the pink slip in the box without even checking to see if I was home. So on my last registered delivery, I set a trap for him, and caught him flagrante delicto. I rushed out to him right after I saw that he had left the slip. Of course, he didn't even have the package...he said he already put it back in the truck. Yeah...rightimage

I got the satisfaction of knowing he was full of it, but what can I do? I'd like to continue to receive most of my mail in the usual fashion, and not have it end up in some dumpster somewhere.

• Options

<< <i>neophyte! >>

I thought he was married!! image
    Terry

eBay Store

• Options

<< <i>Bore us Don!! >>

Remember, spinaker asked for it.

NGC coins

Canada 1859 N9 Large Cent MS65 BN
    Canada 1910 Large Cent MS64 RB
    Canada 1917 Large Cent MS65 BN
    Saxony 1909E 3M AU58
    Prussia 1913 3M MS63
    Gr. Brit 1887 2 FL MS63
    Gr. Brit 1887 1 Shill MS62

Canada 1946 $1 SP60
    Canada 1946 50c SP62
    Canada 1946 25c SP63
    Canada 1946 10c SP63
    Canada 1946 5c SP64
    Canada 1946 1c SP63 BN

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    what no smileys or mad emoticons beside the grades?? imageimage
    Terry

eBay Store

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the Canadian SP set was not quite up to the average grade you wanted.

(Hence, the "AAARRRRGH!")?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I practically have my mail-guy's route memorized now, so I can hunt him down if I get one of those slips. It is easier here because they walk their routes, so they can't stray too far from their trucks.
    -j
    Wanted: High grade Irish (Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland or British) coins, slabbed and unslabbed. Also looking for Proof and Uncirculated Sets
    PM with info.

Auction Sniper For all your sniping needs. Tell them I sent you and I'll get three free snipes!

e-bay ID= 29john29