Home U.S. Coin Forum

Just got my Q. David Morgan Red Book

Flipped thru it a little last night, and it looks like it's going to be a GREAT read. Short analysis of each date/mintmark....each year starts off with a short narrative of what went on that year in history...and a lot of other good info and stories that QDB is known for.
I was concerned that it would be a price list like the normal red book. Each date does have the going retail prices...but the book is much more than that.

I give it a image and I think anybody with any interest in Morgans would want this on the book shelf...particularly if you're thinking of starting in Morgans.

Comments

• Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭
    I've heard many of the Top 100 Morgans are in the new book with a price guide. Is this true? How much detail?
  • I'll have to look a lot closer...I don't think he spends a lot of time on the VAMs..Van Allen and Mallis did help some with the book though
  • PJ,

I wonder if it is similar to his Morgan Buyers Guide. That was a nice little book (now out of print) that covered Morgan dollars with a brief explanation of each date. Not exactly the VAM book, but a good general reference.

Where did you buy it?
    Bill
  • Does anyone know wht the Q stands for?
    John
    Check out my coin site
    myurl
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    The Q is for Quality!

Actually, it's Quentin.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• RittenhouseRittenhouse Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone know wht the Q stands for?
    John >>

Yes.
  • photogphotog Posts: 242 ✭✭
    You'll notice on the back cover that there will be more books in this series- he is writing them faster than most of us can read!

Jenna, ANR
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    I had a patient once with a middle name Q. I asked here what it stands for and she said nothing. She only added the Q. middle initial when her son was in the army and they wanted his mother's name and they said she had to have a middle initial so he decided it was Q. She then adopted that middle initial.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • ERER Posts: 7,345
    It's a GREAT little book. Bought it a few weeks back. It's available at any major bookstore.
  • a lot of them popping up on ebay...I think David Lawrence has them too...with free shipping if you order on line
  • bozboz Posts: 1,405
    I just got one, and I like it!!
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order it from ANR and David Bowers will sign it! Nice book, like it a lot.
  • bozboz Posts: 1,405

<< <i>Order it from ANR and David Bowers will sign it! Nice book, like it a lot. >>

Glad you pointed that out. Ordered mine from ANR, and never noticed the signature till now.image
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file