Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Will it be 15 days? It was 13 business days! picture added

BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭
My latest submission, a crossover attempt, was received today under the 15 day regular service. Will it be 15 days? We shall see. How has everyone else been doing on the regular service?
US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.

Comments

• Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭
    My last one was done in 13 days. I got the grades today on a 2 coin submission.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Will it be 15 days? >>

That depends on whether you use the real definition of 15 days, or the PCGS definition.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I joined first at the Silver Level and submitted and they came back in 30 days like they were supposed to. Now I have joined at the Platinum Level and have 4 submissions in at the 15 day level. 2 were received on 03-01-04 and 2 today (03-08-04)

I hope they get them in 15 days, if not some comps are coming this way.
    Ken
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took the plunge today oh boy.

Decided to renew my CU membership and submit some coins for crossover so we shall see first if they cross and how long it takes.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    Tomorrow will be 15 days for me. Wish me luck!

Rob
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.
  • Options
    I did see that as of march 2004 they are giving out vouchers for same service level if they go past the gaurentee date.

• Options
    I got the e-mail that mine arrived, too. I also submitted a regular crossover. It will be interesting to see if we get our stuff back at the same time. I'm going to post my grades when they get back.
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    I have a regular-crossover at pcgs since 02/12/2004. I think 15 days is up tuesday.
    I sent my 4 freebies and the coin for the quarter in the same package and they were done on friday the 5th.
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine passed the 15 day mark. Do they really give vouchers or do you have to scream and yell first?
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Earlier in the year they promised comps but people here on the forum rarely got them and they usually had to yell and scream to get them. Now just recently they have again promised comps for coins submitted on March first or later if the run over the guaranteed times. Coins received BEFORE 3/1 will not get the comps. By the PCGS counting method I dont think the 16th day and the first missed submissions may be eligible for comps, won't be until March 23rd. So it is too soon to say whether or not they will follow through with the comps.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the 15 day countdown does not include the day the coins are logged in?
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>So the 15 day countdown does not include the day the coins are logged in? >>

Actually I assumed that it did. I also assumed that they grade Mon-Fri. I further assumed that PCGS would be in Baltimore so this Friday would not be counted as a grading day. That makes Mar 22 the 15th day and comps would be due on the 23rd, the 16th day. If PCGS doesn't go to Baltimore then comps would be due on the 22nd.
  • Options
    According to the show schedule, they will be offering on site grading during the Baltimore show.

• Options

<< <i>Earlier in the year they promised comps but people here on the forum rarely got them and they usually had to yell and scream to get them. Now just recently they have again promised comps for coins submitted on March first or later if the run over the guaranteed times. Coins received BEFORE 3/1 will not get the comps. By the PCGS counting method I dont think the 16th day and the first missed submissions may be eligible for comps, won't be until March 23rd. So it is too soon to say whether or not they will follow through with the comps. >>

I thought pcgs meant they are changing the way they give comps starting march 1st not that they will only give comps on orders received after march 1st.

Old way 1 day late=1 free comp per coin submitted.
    New way 1 day late= 1 free comp and 1 free comp each additional day late up to the number of coins submitted.
  • Options
    You could be right I may have misinterpreted their announcement. On the other hand so far trying to get them to give the deserved comps on submissions made before March 1st has been like pulling teeth. At least from what I have read on the forum here.
  • Options
    From their submission center page.

Guarantee Turnaround Policy
    As of March 2004, PCGS's guarantee turnaround policy will be one like submission for each day late, up to the total number of coins submitted.

For example:
    3 coins submitted through the Express Service level and the submission is 1 day late, you will receive 1 voucher for the Express Service.

4 coins submitted through the 15 Day Regular Service level and the submission is 5 days late, you will receive 4 vouchers for the 15 Day Regular Service.

• Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭
    #1: 15 day submission grades received yesterday which was day 12.

#2: Grades still pending but are due this Thursday.

Craig
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    I just called and was told today is day 17 for a submission checked in on 2/12 and I will be getting some comps image

I also asked if the comps are issued automatically and was told no you have to request them.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought pcgs meant they are changing the way they give comps starting march 1st not that they will only give comps on orders received after march 1st. >>

That is correct. Before, the length of the delay didn't matter, be it one day or 100 days. The comp was equal to the total number of coins on the submission. The change is to a graduated scale of one comp per late day. Apparently the original guarantee was getting a bit too expensive.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    It was 13 business days and it crossed. Yahoo!

1 21520608 1946-S 25C USA MS66

Here is the picture from the auction.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file