Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

T206 book?

A while back (maybe a year or so) I heard about a book being produced on this great, great set.... anyone else recall hearing about this? Did it ever get produced?

I have 2 small pamphlet type books on the set but was hoping for something more comprehensive.

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    The book, headed by Doug Allen and one other - is not yet in production. I am unclear on the current status of the book. I really hope it comes out - as it would be a great reference that I would love to own. Doug's knowledge on the set is very advanced, too...
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    The other co-author is Art Martineau. Art is the guru of the t206 set. Unfortunately, I do not see this book ever being published.
  • Options
    mosaicmosaic Posts: 700
    I've only had a chance to leaf through the T206 book PSA is sending to those of us that re-up, but it seems very well done. I kind of wish they had taken a more collector oriented stance when focusing on certain cards, and explained why some are so rare or so condition sensitive. No mention of Honus Wagner's stance against tobacco, for example.

But still, great pictures, great paper stock, and lots of excellent player stories.
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    I received the book a while back; it's a large coffee table book. I have not gotten around to reading it yet.
  • Options
    I just got the book for re-upping my PSA subscription and think it is really great. The book is not about baseball cards, I repeat, it is not about baseball cards. It is about Baseball Players who have a card within the T206 set. So don't expect to read about the American Tobacco company and their monoply on cigarettes. The book doesn't talk about why Piedmont was so popular and UZIT is so rare. Every player in the set has a nice career recap with some personal stories about them. I think the book is fantastic for a baseball history buff and collector interested who each player in the T206 is. Images of the T206 cards are used rather than historic photos of the players.

3 Other Books I like:
    The Glory of Their Times by Lawrence S. Ritter
    Crazy '08 by Cait Murphy
    The Card by Michael O'keefe
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a T-206 collector, but...I received my copy two days ago after reupping. The book appears to be very well done and loaded with info on players and pics of their cards. A sticker on the back of the book says it sells for $38.00

If interested, mine is yours for $30 + shipping, mint condition. Contact me via PM here or at ajrs44@yahoo.com
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Nice reference book if you collect T206s, every card is pictured, although I read somewhere the pictures are all reproductions.

Short bios and stats are a plus as well.

Nice coffee table book -

Capecards