Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

positive experience leaving negative feedback

Well i dropped my first negative bomb on a guy last week. i really didn't want to risk my perfect feedback and normally chalk up items that don't arrive as a cost of doing business on the internet. but i'm sick of dirt bags....and t decided not to take it any longer. anyway, long story short i left the negative, he left me a positive that said i suck and buyer beware. i followed it up by opening a square trade case. they wanted $20 to mediate....which i quickly i declined.

well today, voila!!! my item miraculously shows up in the mail, 4 months after the end of the auction and postmarked march 3rd. what a coincidence eh?? i'd imagine the request to remove the negative will follow shortly.
Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
lsuconnman@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    First off CONGRATS on finishing your 51 set!! I too could have left many negs but chose not too as I would only get one in return.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    That was a nice ending to a possible fiasco. That is the problem with the feedback system...you try to be honest and you get screwed in return. Oh well....image
    Gary
    We are always better off than we deserve. image
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    DUNER - Thats interesting! Glad it worked out to your benefit.
    On a related note, I rec'd my 1st negative yesterday after almost 9000 transactions in my 2 eBay accounts.
    It was a retallitory negative from a buyer w/ zero feedback. I left him the Neg since he didn't pay nor respond to my Emails or to
    eBays notifications. His winning bid was higher then smr on a card, and I didn't want any of the underbidders to think he was my shill, so I left the negative for all to see. It really sucks that eBay isn't in your corner as they don't like to create waves, but if I pony up $20 then they would take it off, to me that is paramount to blackmail image ...jay
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭✭
    I have one negative feedback which was a retaliation one. It happened about two years ago. At the time I decided the principle outweighed the risk. I knew I would get one back but the seller was so blatantly bad that I just felt that it was the right thing to do. I wear that one neg proudly because I felt that I did the right thing. It is too bad that the system doesn't work better to fend off the retaliation feedbacks.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    highendhighend Posts: 534
    never be afraid to neg. someone if they deserve it. too many people hold feedback hostage . if you've tried to mediate the situation to no avail and feel that you are being taken advantage of LEAVE A NEGATIVE , nevermind the threat of retaliation , especially if your not a dealer. not to many people will cancel the bids of someone with a few negatives.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    My only negative was retaliatory. Why is that the negative stays when the seller is no longer registered but I have a neutral that was once a positive from a seller who is no longer registered?
  • Options
    We have one negative that was given in retaliation. Chelle had bid on an antique Japanese sake set. Her winning bid was nowhere near what the set was worth. Lo and behold, the seller claimed that "we have no record of that auction in our database." So I send them the eBay link from the closed auction and they STILL claim that they had no record so I gave them a negative. Next thing you know we have a negative saying that we were "unfair." The sake set was put up for auction AGAIN the next week.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i left a neg for a non-paying buyer. guy emails me weeks later and says his computer was down and still wants the card and the only reason he negged me was because i did him first. his email said "you negged me first and screwed yourself". then had the nerve to ask if he could still have the card...

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i> have one negative feedback which was a retaliation one. It happened about two years ago. At the time I decided the principle outweighed the risk. I knew I would get one back but the seller was so blatantly bad that I just felt that it was the right thing to do. I wear that one neg proudly because I felt that I did the right thing. It is too bad that the system doesn't work better to fend off the retaliation feedbacks. >>

About the same situation here. There was a seller who was selling a bunch of nice 60's & early 70's wax packs. The only problem is all were opened & resealed. Several of us were nailed for big $ by him but we banded together & got the FBI internet fraud division & MD AG on his ass. I was the first to post a neg saying he was resealing, naturally I got a retaliatory. He's off eBay but I'm still out $700 even after eBay's fraud refund.

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?