This is cute ........

Comments

• Options
    BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    is that real?

why would he do this?
    imageimage
  • Options
    That is the second F you ball I have seen recently. SCGAYNOR recently sold a George Brett one. Link Apparently, player's adding their stats wasn't enough for some people. Imagine asking for that at a card show. It's pretty sad if you ask me. Brian
  • Options
    I wonder what his blood alcohol level was at the time?
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    Could it be a regular Mantle signed ball that someone else altered to make a unique item for financial profits? Just my opinion.
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    >>>Could it be a regular Mantle signed ball that someone else altered to make a unique item for financial profits?<<<

I think, from the handwriting, that he did actually write it all. Look at the two "c's" - in Mickey and the other word. Seem similar to me.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    Not to mention that if he was just signing his name he would not have signed it so low on the spot. He'd signed so many it would probably be second nature to go for the middle unless asked for a special inscription also.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I have seen many Mantle signed pieces that are offensive. I remember seeing him use the "F" bomb about Willie Mays, Marilyn Monroe (although in a diff context) and others. As a matter of fact BASILONE sent me a link about 6 months ago for a promo 5 x 7 piece that the Mick signed "To Jay, F*** You! w/ a nice signed sig under that. The price went for $700 or so and out of my price range, so I scanned it and now its in a frame on my desk, to the few that have seen it, they are impressed as they thought he penned that for me.
    These pieces that are for sale were signed in jest to friends (usually at their request for him to be creative). This was not his typical way of signing at a card show for the masses...jay