Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Does God Hate Me

Of course I had a brilliant idea to give up buying cards on Ebay for lent...I knew this was tough.
Who would think it would be torture. Why is it always the luck when I am not buying on Ebay all the 1968
Topps PSA 9's go for under 20.00, and when I am buying they go for 35 and up. For insult to injury there
where about 10 that went for under 10.00 since I started my "fasting"...I know the populations are high on
some, but any upgrade to a 9 for under 10.00 is a great thing.

I figured all those high rollers would be done in 40 days and I could clean up shortly after.... Looks like more
bad timing...

Always looking for 1968 Topps PSA 8's and 1960 Topps PSA 7's.

JPARCHITECTUS

Comments

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Of course I had a brilliant idea to give up buying cards on Ebay for lent

greeting cards is what you meant image
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Geez, and I thought that you might be talking about

GOD = Grader of Death!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Who was the comedian who said about Catholics something like,"Yom Kippur is great. You don't eat for one day and all your sins are forgiven. Catholics have Lent, which lasts 40 days. Even in sin, you still pay retail."

Don't worry, it's God, or Satan, or whoever, tempting you. If you gave up chocolate, you'd probably get stuck in a traffic jam behind a rollled over Toblerone truck or something. When you make it through, you shall be rewarded. In heaven, all your cards will come back 10s.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    Have you that this may mean that you are the buyer that is really driving up the price?
    Isn't it great to be a "power player"?
    At least if this is the case, the next one will go cheaper. Hope for you that it does and at that price, I may have to start on my set again.
    Fuzz
    PS. He doesn't hate you but he can have a sense of humor some times.
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your comments...figured I'd lighten things up around here a bit.
    I was wondering the same...Am I driving these prices up...seems like I am
    my own worst enemy.

Oh well... I also found out there is direct corellation between
    a decrease in Ebay use and an Increase in my fiances happiness with me image

JPARCHITECTUS

• Options
    Next year you should give up paying over $10 for psa 9's for lent.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    I made it..I am back just to give all you 68' topps collectors fair warning!

I can't believe I made it so long!

JPARCHITECTUS

• Options
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Ugh. Well, I have to say this-- you're the first Catholic I've met in 10 years who takes any of that stuff seriously. I certainly admire your resolve.

If I'd been you, I probably would have gotten my wife to bid.
  • Options
    Ha Ha...I haven't been to church in years...I am getting married soon and figured I would
    try to get kind of involved. Holy it was tough~~But saved lots o dough!

JPARCHITECTUS

• Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In heaven, all your cards will come back 10s. >>

Wait a minute.... does this mean heaven is located
    at PRO's headquarters?
  • Options

<< <i>I figured all those high rollers would be done in 40 days and I could clean up shortly after.... Looks like more
    bad timing... >>

I think the number of "high rollers" buying on eBay is going up, at least judging by the variety of new bidders I'm seeing.

Scott